Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    Me too, I am in northern suburbs of Chicago. Maybe it is a local issue?
    i am not sure; i have seen this posted in other places; people from the midwest along with Florida and Delaware are complaining too
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    So are there alternatives to Blazer browser which are faster?
    opera mini, but it requires you to install java; if its not installed already
    I found a solution to this that works for me. I like Opera Mini, but I find it a bit unstable, probably because of the ancient Java VM that never seems to get updated. But the reason that Opera Mini is so fast is that it uses a proxy server to modify the web pages before they are downloaded to the phone. Well, it turns out that Google will do the same thing for you automatically when you access we pages through their search engine.

I set up an iGoogle page with all my favorite RSS links. I log in, and set the page to be my home page. When Blazer comes up, it comes up fast and loads the page fast. When I access any link on the page it is always accessed through Google's mobile proxy server, and all the pages are formatted very nicely for my phone. If I want to go to a specific web page, I type the URL in the Google search field, normally the first link is a link to that URL.

Google really does a good job of rendering web pages for a small screen, and for speed. Try it, you might like it!
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    well I just got back from the Sprint store to pickup my replacement 700p. Same problem with Blazer ... I asked the person at the store, and he called their Sprint tech support number and the person he got didn't seem terribly knowledgeable. We did the usual steps, and after being put on hold a few times, he came back and said that there is a problem with several towers in Chicago, and the data network is at capacity. There is no ETA on it. I didn't bother to mention that Versamail and 4Cast seem to be working and pulling down data just fine. I don't think this person would have had a response. There is an incident number for it: 9718854 if anyone is so inclined to call.

By the way, again, same problem with old phone as well as new one that I picked up today, old one was on 1.10 MR release, this one is 1.08, so all variables should be out of the question, definitlely a Sprint issue. Interesting to note though, when I had it force roaming for data, it had the same problem ....
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    well I just got back from the Sprint store to pickup my replacement 700p. Same problem with Blazer ... I asked the person at the store, and he called their Sprint tech support number and the person he got didn't seem terribly knowledgeable. We did the usual steps, and after being put on hold a few times, he came back and said that there is a problem with several towers in Chicago, and the data network is at capacity. There is no ETA on it. I didn't bother to mention that Versamail and 4Cast seem to be working and pulling down data just fine. I don't think this person would have had a response. There is an incident number for it: 9718854 if anyone is so inclined to call.

By the way, again, same problem with old phone as well as new one that I picked up today, old one was on 1.10 MR release, this one is 1.08, so all variables should be out of the question, definitlely a Sprint issue. Interesting to note though, when I had it force roaming for data, it had the same problem ....
    well that is good news that someone finally admitted that there is a problem
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12