Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has tried this yet.

I figure if you could get the service set up so your Cingular voicemail could be sent to an email address, then set up an account just to check these voice messages, it should be a easy way to get visual voicemail. Tonight I'll look into this more so maybe it isn't workable but you never know. In concept it should work.
    I'm trying out for 7 days www.http://www.simulscribe.com/

So far so good. Simple to set up, and pretty accurate. If the text translation is wrong, then it's probably because the speaker wasn't speaking clearly anyway.

Good thing is, you can still call and retrieve your voicemail through the earpiece. Or else, when you play the attached voicemail, it plays from the back speaker and it is very soft.

Still trying to see if it is worth $10 a month for 40 voicemails. It seems like that is the max $ acceptable for me, and I probably don't get over 40 voicemails a month anyway. It's 0.25 cents a message over 40.

I just hate going through voicemail the traditional way, it is such a waste of time. I get a lot of calls.
    I e-mailed the guys at SimulScribe/SimulSays the other day, and apparently they're still a few weeks away from having it ready for beta, but they are working on a SimulSays program for Palm OS.

SimulSays is a companion (free) to SimulScribe that does true visual voicemail, with playback of the audio over the data connection. It can work in conjunction with SimulScribe, but is also usable on its own if you don't want/need the text transcription. It seems like it may be the best integrated solution, when it's ready, but again, who knows since it's not even in beta yet for Treos (it is available on Blackberry and WinMo, so there should be some feedback out there).

I'm quite intrigued to look at it when it's ready. I was looking into CallWave, but their website isn't accessible on the Treo (unless somebody else can find a way in that I've missed?). I suppose CallWave could be used to forward your voicemails to e-mail (Versa, Chatter, whatever) and then you could use mVoiceMail to play it back, so that might be a workable solution.

GrandCentral has a mobile website that is Treo accessible, but it's invite only beta now, so I can't try it yet. (I'm not sure how well it works, can anybody shed light on mp3 playback via Blazer?)

FWIW,
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy Leviss; 07/10/2007 at 12:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    http://www.callwave.com/widgets/ureg.aspx

This is free during the beta.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Leviss View Post
    I e-mailed the guys at SimulScribe/SimulSays the other day, and apparently they're still a few weeks away from having it ready for beta, but they are working on a SimulSays program for Palm OS.
    That looks promising!
    I think Callwave is not verbatim? It gives a summary basically, of the voicemail message. I haven't tried it yet, but that doesn't sound too good!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Ah, http://www.grandcentral.com/home rocks! I just reserved a number, but this looks like so much more of a solution than just visual voicemail. I can't wait to try it out
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    http://www.callwave.com/widgets/ureg.aspx

This is free during the beta.
    Yes, but can you access the web portal via a Treo? I wasn't able to figure out how, I kept getting stuck at the login, that wanted me to select my country via a drop-down list that didn't respond. Maybe it was me?

--A
    Anyone know if SimulSays is available for Treo yet? Is anyone using SimulScribe with Chatter on a Treo? I'm waiting for my phone company to activate No Answer/Busy Call Forwarding. My plan is to have all voice mail messages in my small office emailed to my treo so if I'm with a client or in a meeting I can quickly check to see if the message is important enought to warrant excusing myself. Any experience shared will be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I love the program 2Dial which just pops up navigation controls when I click the call voicemail button on my 680. Its excelent!

The Treo 750 has these controls built in when you call voicemail, but for some reason Palm decided to not give the Palm OS them! but thats what this excelent 3rd party app is for!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Leviss View Post
    SimulSays is a companion (free) to SimulScribe that does true visual voicemail, with playback of the audio over the data connection. It can work in conjunction with SimulScribe, but is also usable on its own if you don't want/need the text transcription. It seems like it may be the best integrated solution, when it's ready, but again, who knows since it's not even in beta yet for Treos (it is available on Blackberry and WinMo, so there should be some feedback out there).
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Are you saying that you're willing to pay to have your voicemails transcribed (SimulScribe), and then willing to pay more to have the transcription read back to you orally (SimulSays)??
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Ah, http://www.grandcentral.com/home rocks! I just reserved a number, but this looks like so much more of a solution than just visual voicemail. I can't wait to try it out
    Let me know... I just reserved a number. But I need an invite... Hint, Hint!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    Let me know... I just reserved a number. But I need an invite... Hint, Hint!
    Me too, me too!!! Someone send invites
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    im pretty sure they stopped giving out invites a long time ago ;(
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDiva View Post
    im pretty sure they stopped giving out invites a long time ago ;(
    Yep. And development appears to have ceased. It's hard to tell because they don't share any info. I use this service lightly, but would rely on it much more if I knew it couldn't just be shutdown someday. Those "never leave beta" projects don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling...