1.    #1  
    Can you "lock" (as in require a password to unlock) a treo, but without powering off the phone? I want to hit a button and lock my phone, but not shut it off.

I don't want the auto-lock function since I don't always want my phone to lock, just when I want it to.

Any applications that can do this for a Treo 700p?

Scott
    Look in the phone app, there is an sub menu in the menu that can "lock now"
  3.    #3  
    Okay, that's true...

But, how do I lock my phone without having to enter my password. What I want to do is...

When I have to, just press a shortcut or run an application, that will just "lock" the phone, like WINDOWS-L does in XP. No entering passwords to lock it, nor waiting for a timeout, just lock now, no questions asked.

Scott
    Yes, this would be a very handy function. Especially if it were a small application that could be assigned to a Phone Favorite with a Quick Key. They I could use Butler's Keylauncher functionality to (with a single long keypress of desired key) lock it instantly.
    It's already built in. Press the option key and the power button.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    It's already built in. Press the option key and the power button.

Jeff
    That's just the keyguard, right? I think he want to lock the unit where it needs a password.
  7.    #7  
    That is correct.

I don't just want to enable the keyguard. I want to be able to "lock" the phone without powering off.

So, if you had a password set for your Treo, and went to the "Security" application and clicked "Off & Lock" it would turn off the phone side and then lock the phone requiring a password to unlock it.

What I want to do is leave the phone "on" but still lock the device, thus requiring a password to unlock. I don't want to use "auto-lock" since 99% of the time I don't want to lock the phone, but when I HAVE to leave my phone (like entering a restricted area) I want to lock it quickly but still have the phone on to receive calls if I have to be reached.

Scott