Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Is there a way to send your entire contacts to another phone (non-smartphone) by way of bluetooth?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Sure, the question - will it be a compatible format?

Ben
    You can send an entire category of contacts via Bluetooth, at least to another Palm device with BT. Whether you can even send a single or multiple contacts to a smart phone with Vcard capability, I'm not sure, tho.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    You can send an entire category of contacts via Bluetooth, at least to another Palm device with BT. Whether you can even send a single or multiple contacts to a smart phone with Vcard capability, I'm not sure, tho.
    I toyed around with it for a bit and found that you can indeed send contacts to a non-smartphone, (a Samsung SPH-M500 in this case) but only one contact at a time. You can't send your entire contact log at once and pictures for picture I.D. don't carry over with a contact. But, you can send pictures via Bluetooth. I'm still tryin to figure out how to send music and video.
    Last edited by djraw; 07/11/2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    It might depend on the particular brand of smart phone. the VCard specification should allow for multiples.

For files, it depends on whether the smart phone is programmed to receive the type of file you're sending, if it is programmed for the file transfer protocol at all. VCard and FTP are different protocols.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!