Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious. I use a Krussell case that completely covers my 700wx and it's great. My only complaint is that the plastic creates a glare that is hard to see the screen outside.

Part of me would like to try to use it without one, which I have never done in the 2 years of owning a Treo. Any thoughts?
    I've never used a case. I keep a boxwave screen protector on my Treo, and the treo in my pants pocket (with nothing else in that pocket).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've never used a case. I keep a boxwave screen protector on my Treo, and the treo in my pants pocket (with nothing else in that pocket).
    How long have your been successful with this?
    I searched for months for the perfect slim case to put my 700p in, after the 1st batch of the Seidio UltraSlim Hardcases didnt fit/broke. I tried the SPE Slip hard case, and found it to be too thick and lacking in quality. Before I got my replacement Seidio Rubberized UltraSlim Hardcase, I pocketed my Treo for weeks, and couldnt stand the scratches. But I loved the naked-ness (if that makes sense). Thats why I like the aforementioned hardcase!
    I have yet to find a case I like, especially when I often use cradles for charging and syncing. I'm freeballing my 755, and bought another Nutshell case (http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/) to try giving it some protection but still keep it nekkid.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I don't use a case, but have eGrips so it isn't slippery. I keep it in a coat pocket most of the time. I've only had the Treo a short time but have been using Palms for a long, long time. I never have found a case for any device I liked very much.
    I haven't used a case since I've had my 750, only a screen protector..the soft touch paint is a big reason for this however because the phone isn't slippery.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    I appreciate the feedback. My phone, as I mentioned, is in a Krussell "condom" and has been very well protected. However, now that I have a Slingbox and am watching more stuff on the screen, the glare is getting to me. It could be that I just need a new Krussell case, who knows, but this feedback is good. Most people I see on the streets and offices have their Treo "naked" which I guess works; the iPhone is designed to use in a naked form as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I have yet to find a case I like, especially when I often use cradles for charging and syncing. I'm freeballing my 755, and bought another Nutshell case (http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/) to try giving it some protection but still keep it nekkid.

Humm...this site has a case for a treo 850. Is that a typo or do they know something we dont?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I had a speck toughskin case, which protected the phone, but made the phone feel like a toy. I had a leather pouch, and initially I dropped the phone a few times because the fit was tight. I am now on a holster and couldn't be happier....Once I got that first ding on the phone, nothing else matters as long as the screen is protected. The external antenna helps too.
    No case no screen protector for my 700p. If I ever decide to use a case it will the one from my old 600. My treo is in my hand when I go anywhere or sitting in front me when I'm not. At night it is on the bed playing p-tunes for 40 minutes to keep my mind off crap thats happened during the day until I fall asleep, usually 5 minutes.

Got too much personal info on it even though its passward protected. Wouldn't want it picked out of my pocket or ripped off my side by walking too close to something. I bet many a broken screens come from a "its was in my pocket" accident.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've never gotten into cases for any of my phones. I've had my 700wx for ~8 months now and have used the palm supplied screen protector and kept it in my pocket. It shows a little wear (mostly from me dropping it while drunk) but seems to be holding up fine.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah...inebriation will do that...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Never used a case, or a screen protector. Treo's are tougher than they look, and much easier to use without extra plastic in the way.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I dont have a case for it. I am going to get a screen protector. I can tell you that I have droped it 2 times onto the pavement. and its still going strong. I keep it in my pocket and will get a screen protector, sometimes I put other stuff in that pocket too..
    I've never used a case, and I wear my Treo on my belt all the time. I just buy a cheap clip from theclip.com (currently the bantam clip, formerly the ultra swivel), attach the tab to the back of the Treo and clip it onto my belt.

I've been doing this ever since my VisorPhone, then the Treo 270, then the Treo 600 and now the Treo 700p. Never had a problem, except that the tab comes off every few months and has to be replaced. I think cases are a complete waste of money and a pain in the *** to boot.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I had my 650 in a condom case for 2 years and it still looked brand new. Then I decided I would go naked. I loved going naked but my 650 looked all beat up after 6 months.

After that I decided I would always keep my treo in a case.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I had my 650 in a condom case for 2 years and it still looked brand new. Then I decided I would go naked. I loved going naked but my 650 looked all beat up after 6 months.

After that I decided I would always keep my treo in a case.
    Did you keep it in your pocket or wear it on your belt? If it's banging around your pocket with your keys and your change, of course it will look beat up. But if you clip it to your belt it stays looking brand new.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosswords View Post
    Did you keep it in your pocket or wear it on your belt? If it's banging around your pocket with your keys and your change, of course it will look beat up. But if you clip it to your belt it stays looking brand new.
    I kept it in my pocket but i was super anal about it being the only item in my pocket.

I dropped it a few times and it got all scratched up. Once in particular it dropped and slid on concrete.

BTW I see you joined in DEC of 1999, soon we will be celebrating a decade on visor/treo central!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    My 600 has been naked for four years and works like a charm. Though it is beginning to be a bit of antique...hehe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast