1.    #1  
    I was able to sync a treo 700p using the versamail app. The treo can now access mail, personal contacts, and calender info from on the road and syncs with exchange every 15 minutes. This user now wants to access the public contacts that reside in the public folders of exchange. How would one access that info?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Versamail$ $does$ $not$ $do$ $folders$ $other$ $than$ $the$ $inbox$. $Chatter$ $does$, $but$ $won$'$t$ $sync$ $calendar$ $and$ $contacts$; $I$ $have$ $no$ $idea$ $if$ $it$ $can$ $access$ $public$ $folders$. $I$ $use$ $both$. $You$ $may$ $find$ $more$ $info$ $on$ $the$ $Palm$ $website$ (http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...52):obj(44018))
    I think your talking about the Global Address Book for your company. I'm not sure you can access with the version of Versamail on the 700. On the 755 there is a "remote" button while looking up contacts that will let you search the Global Address Book in Exchange. The version of Versamail on the 755 is 3.5.4.
    Yes you can access your global address book with VM. chatter will not. Tap you to:, then remote enter name. that simple.
    Matty
    Try that again. Tap To: then remote, enter name.
    Matty
    There is a program from diditbetter that syncs public and private folders. It is very expensive and seems to duplicate the info so the Treo can sync with VM. That may work. I have been eyeing it but it is a bit too pricey for my small business.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    wirelessly syncing public contacts is tricky. Versamail can't do it. Normally, I have folks sync via their desktops using key contacts for public folder data, and Versamail via wireless for personal contacts, calander and email.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    wirelessly syncing public contacts is tricky. Versamail can't do it. Normally, I have folks sync via their desktops using key contacts for public folder data, and Versamail via wireless for personal contacts, calander and email.
    I use versamail, and wirelessly sync my contacts, email, and calendar every day, using exchange. So versamail can do it.
    Matty
    Matty: VM will not sync "public" contacts.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    It won't sync them, but I can bring them up using remote, in VM.
    Matty