1.    #1  
    my daughter has a treo 755p and it will cut off and turn back on randomly when i do the ##377 on sprint i get nothing
    she has no third party apps on her phone
    hard reset and a clean install was done when she moved from a treo 700 to the 755p

here is where it gets a little more weird i have 3rd party apps on my treo and i to am getting the random reset maybe once a day maybe i go 4-5 days and nothing .the only thing we have in common on the treo is the versa mail could that be the problem?

let me say that the treo755 is alot more stable then the 700p
    this has been the worst of my issues .
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/09/2007 at 09:25 AM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Are you leaving off the last # sign?

Code is ##377#, you should get a message box with the last crash message.
    I have to use ##377 then press the Dial button. I have no idea why but ##377# do not work on mine. I installed Reset Doctor to see if my 755 was reseting more than I thought. Reset Doctor will keep a running log of resets. Luckily, I have had only 3 resets in several weeks.
    There is also Crash Pro - http://crash.79bmedia.com/ then look for Crash Pro on the left.

Ben
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Are you leaving off the last # sign?

Code is ##377#, you should get a message box with the last crash message.
    thers is no # AT THE END I DO GET AN ERROR MESSAGE BUT ITS FROM A RESE THAT HAPPEN 6/16/07
    IN SPRINT ITS ##377 THEN YOU HIT THE DIAL KEY AND THE LOG COMES UP
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I have to use ##377 then press the Dial button. I have no idea why but ##377# do not work on mine. I installed Reset Doctor to see if my 755 was reseting more than I thought. Reset Doctor will keep a running log of resets. Luckily, I have had only 3 resets in several weeks.
    DITTO ##377 DIAL works on the sprint treo if i hit ##377# i get nothing
    Odd -- ##377# works on mine and ##377 does nothing. AT least Reset Doctor is consistent
    To bring this back to the subject (Both codes do the same. The last # displays the error code without having to push dial). I have experienced the same type of reset behavior with my 755. Whether I type ##377 or use Trace, it often doesn't show the reset(s) which last occured. Glad someone else wonders about this. Seems like it captures to offending program every 1 in 4 resets.
    Those in the 700p forum noted that after the MR the reset code was logged somewhat erratically versus quite consistently before the MR.
    As the 755 and the 700p-MR are now somewhat similar I guess this is not that uncommon although it still stinks when tracking down a problem.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have noticed this as well on my 755p. It shows an old error message, rather than the last one that happened.

Anyone discovered a reason for the resets?