Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    i finally get my transcend 8 GB SDCH class 6 card today. For all you MR users out there, is there any need to format this card at all (32b clusters), or can i just use it out the box aince the MR has given me the driver needed for the card? If the answer is no, then if I format anyway, will my card be noticeably faster? thx.
    I used my Transcend 8GB Class 6 SDHC right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    So to put it in a nutshell, SDHC does faster data transfer right??
    Not necessarily, SDHC just guarantees the minimum data writing speeds whereas the regular SD cards are mostly marketed by their varying maximum data read speeds. It's entirely possible for an SD card to transfer data faster than an SDHC card. You'll need to figure out what are the most important features for you and then study the performance test results in the other threads to find the perfect card for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    i finally get my transcend 8 GB SDCH class 6 card today. For all you MR users out there, is there any need to format this card at all (32b clusters), or can i just use it out the box aince the MR has given me the driver needed for the card? If the answer is no, then if I format anyway, will my card be noticeably faster? thx.
    Just use it out of the box, it's pretty darn fast. (No need to kill yourself eeking out extra speed)
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Has any one bench tested or observed if there is a speed diference between a class 2, class 4 and class 6
    8GB SDHC specifically on the treo 700p. I know the higher class specs are faster, but is it a waste on the 700p or do you really get faster read/write performance with a higher class card?
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeScore View Post
    Has any one bench tested or observed if there is a speed diference between a class 2, class 4 and class 6
    8GB SDHC specifically on the treo 700p. I know the higher class specs are faster, but is it a waste on the 700p or do you really get faster read/write performance with a higher class card?
    For read speed it's hard to measure a difference, but it definately makes a diference for write speed.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    I just got the Transcend 8GB Class 6 SDHC and my 700p (1.10) does recognize the card. However, it does not seem to be able to format the card. The little notification "Formatting" comes up but then the device just sits there...forever.

I got this for mp3's really and want to install the folder system to organize the tracks/albums but my damn pc won't recognize the card.

My camera formats the card no problem and I can install files to the card on the palm through "Palm Quick Install" tool.

Any ideas about:
    Why my PC won't read the card?
    An easier way to install the folder system?
    Why won't the PC read the card?
    Any media software that recognizes the 700p to upload files?
    The reader in your PC probably isn't SDHC compiliant, you will need to buy another one that supports SDHC. You dont have to format the card in the device for the folder system to show up, just insert and remove, the folders are written automatically. I don't recomend sideloading or using windows media device manger to get music on your deivce. Just create and audio folder on the card and drag and drop or copy and paste your mp3's in there. Hope that helps.

Muff
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Heven View Post

Any ideas about:
    Why won't the PC read the card?
    Any media software that recognizes the 700p to upload files?
    Same thing here. MY PC ( new in January 2007) wouldn't read SDHC card. I had to buy a reader to keep in a usb port - the SanDisk MobileMate SD. Be careful - the one that they show a picture of in the TreoStore is the version that's been around for a couple of years - it has a 103 somewhere in the model. It won't read SDHC either, I have one. On Amazon they have the newer model - all black that has a 104 in the model number and reads SDHC fine. Less than $20 including S+H.
    Thanks guys.
    I suspected the reader was the culprit but wanted some confirmation before plunking down some change.

Also thanks for the other advice.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a PC Card slot type reader that supports SDHC? Mine doesn't and I wanted to replace it with one that does. The built in SD slot on my Toshiba Tablet PC does not support over 1 gb SD cards so I had to use the PC Card slot but now it won't read over 2 gb.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12