1.    #1  
    I have been a VZ treo user since the 600 first came out. I am testing the 755p Sprint side by side with a VZ 700p because I am ticked at VZ delay of phones. I have found a coupe of differences I do not udnerstand. Thanks in advance for your help! (The signal is surprisely STRONGER with sprint across the state of Pa, from Pittsburgh to Phila.!!)

l. With VZ, when I send a text, I get a green checkmark when it is received. I do not see that on the Sprint 755p. Is that a sprint thing or do I have something wrong with prefs?

2. VZ had an annoying sound played back when I sent a text. Sprint does not do that?

3. When I was travelling yesterday, I would lose the Sprint little box at the top indicating PCS Vision (I think that's what that means??). I would sometimes not be able to view web pages then.

With the VZ, I would then be in 1x coverage at it would download at that time. Weirdly, sometimes the sprint phone would download web pages even when the little box disappeared. What does this all mean? Is there an extra charge when I download while roaming?

Thanks for helping!
    PS Is the sprint CS as bad as I have read??? It scares me!
    cust service varies a lot..it honestly depends on who you talk to. Last month I switched from VZW to sprint, same phone as you and so far have am much happier.
    I'm not sure about the boxes you speak of, but know that all system sounds can be turned off.
    hope that helped.
  3.    #3  
    Two more questions:

l. on the VZ treo, I could push thone button twice and my call log popped up. Sprint's does not do that. Is there a work-around?

2. Even though I have blazer set to display the last page, it does not. Ideas?

Also, answers to my first post would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Two more questions:

l. on the VZ treo, I could push thone button twice and my call log popped up. Sprint's does not do that. Is there a work-around?

i use dialbyphoto - its a really cool dialer app. you can program it to do this.
    Not sure of the answers to your other questions but you can get the call log to pop up by entering the phone app and then then pushing the talk button.
    One thing I miss from my VZW's 650 is the call totals. It would be with the call log.
    I liked to see how many minutes I used. I can't get it on my Sprint 700p.
    Anyone know how to do it?
    To see how many minutes you have used you can look on the website or call I think it is #2 on the phone. You can also go to the website with blazer and see your account usage. I do that a lot.
    I use Minutes PLUS by Rick Whitt. It's freeware.

You set up your billing cycle with it, it will then track all your minutes going forward and retro-actively, by checking the call log. You can also track specific numbers or call groups that you have set up.

http://software.palminfocenter.com/product.asp?id=2152

There's also Minute Hawk, but that'll cost you.

I've always thought that these devices should come with software, but no. The phone company doesn't really want you to know what your minutes are - they'd rather you forget so you can accrue charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    One thing I miss from my VZW's 650 is the call totals. It would be with the call log.
    Try reading this Thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146496

I installed a splash screen file and now my call log shows duration of each call, HOWEVER it doesn't show TOTAL minutes used...again for Sprint try their website...
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    For that info I open blazer and go to http://vision.sprintpcs.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Two more questions:

yes, push it once then up top is the call log