1.    #1  
    Here's the problem. Since the 680 does not have wifi, I need to sync via the internet (MediaNet). I used to be able to do this with my wifi carded Zire 72 - In Preferences under Primary PC Setup, I would enter !! and put in my TCP/IP address under Primary PC Address.

This setup does not work on the 680 when I'm connected to the internet. Has anyone else had this problem or synced successfully? Am I leaving something out? I would think this would be a common feature request for Treo users.

-Charman
    This will work, however is more involved than your local wifi sync.
    You need to open the ports in your firewall and router that HotSync uses, TCP ports 14237 and UDP ports 14238.
    You will need to tell your treo the IP address of your internet connection, not your local IP. It is also referred to as the WAN address in your router.

This link provides a fairly good step by step.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/treo-...y-treo-pc.html
    Hi Howeicam,

I'm a newbie to the Treo 680. I have an unlocked GSM model.

I read your post and followed the instructions in the link you provided. After configuring my treo and pc based on the guide I still cant get to sync over the net.

I'm not too clear on some of the steps in the guide on the firewall and router section. The rest of the steps are pretty clear.

My office uses a simple router that is connected to a broadband service provider. So we do not have an elaborate security setting. I also opened the ports 14237 and 14238 on my PC. I'm on Windows XP.

Is there something I'm missing. It would be great for me if I could do it as I'm out of the office most of the time.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
    You will need to open ports 14237 and 14238 on your company's router and point them to the IP of your computer.

It sounds like you have all the other steps correct.
    Hi Howiecam,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just want to clarify a point you made. You mentioned openig the ports on my company's router. Is my understanding correct? Is this something I can do from my PC?

If I cant than I would need need to get the Systems Administrator to do it.

Thanks.