Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Remove the program from RAM and reset. Then start TomTom from card. The 5-way should work. It's been working for me and others using 6.030. When you updated TomTom on the card, another version in RAM did not get updated. It will update if you delete it from RAM and then launch, using the newer version, from your card.
    I am really struggling with Nav 6. I got it working on my 755, connecting with my GPS, but the maps were messed up. There appeared to be no house numbers and it couldn't find intersections. I used the TomTom Home program to remove and re-install the maps (only). Now when I launch Navigator, I see the very first screen with the TomTom red hand icons then the screen goes blank for 10 secs and I'm back to the Palm Launcher. It won't start up. Are there prefs I can delete? Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by drm0223 View Post
    I am really struggling with Nav 6. I got it working on my 755, connecting with my GPS, but the maps were messed up. There appeared to be no house numbers and it couldn't find intersections. I used the TomTom Home program to remove and re-install the maps (only). Now when I launch Navigator, I see the very first screen with the TomTom red hand icons then the screen goes blank for 10 secs and I'm back to the Palm Launcher. It won't start up. Are there prefs I can delete? Any suggestions?
    I'm sure there are prefs, but I can't find them labeled as such. I think items are stored either in the TomTom folder on the card or the maps folder that is also on the card. I think I would delete the app and reinstall it. I'm not positive, but I think I did this once getting the 5-way to work properly. I know I deleted the app from RAM, but for some reason now, I think I deleted everything(TomTom) and started over.
    I have just upgraded from Treo 650 to the 755p. I successfully used Nav 6 on the 650. I have the DVD, but in my haste to sell my 650 I deleted the Nav 6 backup so I am only left with the DVD. A couple of questions.

1. TomTom Home doesn't recognize the 755p. This also initially happened on the 650. I don't recall any steps I took to get it to recognize the 650. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Failing 1 above I tried to install the 2 prc files from the DVD to the miniSD card (Navstart.prc and start.prc). They wouldn't transfer using Palm Install. I was able to transfer them to the phone. But when I started Navigator I got the dreaded armcode error etc. Any ideas?

3. When the instructions in a prior message say "Install TomTom to the SD card" what files specifically and does install mean 'copy' or some other method.

Thanks for the help!
    I pretty much figured it out. I needed to install cardreader. Once I did, TomTom Home saw my SD card with TomTom on it as a device. I then was able to install everything (altho I had to do it several times). Now I'm stuck on the activation screen for maps. Since this is a new device I have to beg TomTom to give me an activation code for the maps. ANyone else have success in this regard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post

Copy TomTom 6.010 update patch files for 680 (I know you have a 755) from Palm's site into TomTom folder on your SD, overwriting what is there.
    I can't seem to find it. Do you have a link?

I found it!
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 08/01/2007 at 12:17 PM.
    I had Treo 700 with Navigator 6 and it worked great. I now have 755p and followed instructions to upgrade to 680 patch as discussed. Now when I click to open app (ive tried clearing ram) it opens, lets me pick language, then when I pick map it kicks me back to main menu on treo. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12