1.    #1  
    My blue 755p should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm upgrading from a T/E.
    I have a few programs that I paid for that I'll need to transfer or re-download . Will I be able to do this since they'll have the old device "name"?
    I'd hate to have to pay for new licenses for these programs but I really need them for work.

What about my Zlauncher...which I also paid for? I still have the unlock codes for all of these programs, just unsure of whether they'll work on a new device ID.

Lorraine
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraineg57@comcast. View Post
    My blue 755p should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm upgrading from a T/E.
    I have a few programs that I paid for that I'll need to transfer or re-download . Will I be able to do this since they'll have the old device "name"?
    I'd hate to have to pay for new licenses for these programs but I really need them for work.

What about my Zlauncher...which I also paid for? I still have the unlock codes for all of these programs, just unsure of whether they'll work on a new device ID.

Lorraine
    I moved Docs2Go Pro 9, pTunes, PocketQuicken and Kinoma from my Treo 650 to my 755p without any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstalled all Palm software from my laptop
    2. Deleted the Palm directory in Program Files
    3. Rebooted my laptop
    4. Installed the new Palm software from the CD that came with my 755p
    5. Sync'ed
    6. Got all my standard stuff (VersaMail, Contacts, Calendar, etc.) set up the way I want them.
    7. Installed Docs2Go, etc. one application at a time.

Worked flawlessly and all went very well.
    I would backup the Palm Directory just in case, in particular the folder with your user name.

Also what program is your calender on? Palm desktop or outlook?

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecowper View Post
    I moved Docs2Go Pro 9, pTunes, PocketQuicken and Kinoma from my Treo 650 to my 755p without any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstalled all Palm software from my laptop
    2. Deleted the Palm directory in Program Files
    3. Rebooted my laptop
    4. Installed the new Palm software from the CD that came with my 755p
    5. Sync'ed
    6. Got all my standard stuff (VersaMail, Contacts, Calendar, etc.) set up the way I want them.
    7. Installed Docs2Go, etc. one application at a time.

Worked flawlessly and all went very well.

Thanks for the speedy response.

I'll follow your directions and hopefully be up and running.

Lorraine
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I would backup the Palm Directory just in case, in particular the folder with your user name.

Also what program is your calender on? Palm desktop or outlook?

Tim
    I have Palm Desktop, I'm upgrading from a T/E.

Lorraine
    07 08 07

I just Hotsynched my desktop with my new Sprint Palm Treo 755p after Hotsynching my old TMobile Palm Treo 600 one last time with the desktop and after loading the new CD that came with the 755p. Was seamless and fast.

I lost little data. Because the TMobile and Sprint text messaging is different, my old messages did not load to the 755p.

Also, I had to get the latest version of Backupman for the miniSD card I had to buy to work.

Seems like the Palm desktop changed a bit but all my data and the applications I had on the 600 made it to the 755p and they function.

Robert in Austin, Texas
    The above advice works and their is more than one way to skin a cat, one major offer of advice. DON'T SYNC YOUR APPLICATIONS. Install them one by one all over again...you will have trouble and possibly brick your device if you just back via sync and dump it all into your 755p.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Lorraine, I also gave my 755p the same name ("Eric") as my 650. That avoided issues with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    The above advice works and their is more than one way to skin a cat, one major offer of advice. DON'T SYNC YOUR APPLICATIONS. Install them one by one all over again...you will have trouble and possibly brick your device if you just back via sync and dump it all into your 755p.
    Also, as KStewart says, don't sync your apps. Some of them are likely not compatible between the T/E and the 755p. When I went from a T/C to a 650 I had some problems at first because I upgraded Palm Desktop and sync'ed my old apps. Remembering that, I didn't do that this time around and had no problems at all. I just reinstalled, one at a time, after following the process above.
  9.    #9  
    Wow...thanks for all the advice and tips! Anyone know off hand if HandyShopper works on the 755p?

I have and ICD-9 medical coding database on HS that I'd hate to lose.

Lorraine
    Hi Lorraine! Good to see that you decided to pull the trigger on the 755P! I have had Handyshopper on since the beginning with no issues. You should be fine with it. Be sure to do a clean install.
    I use HandyShopper and HanDBase all the time on mine.
    07 09 07

I had HandyShopper on my TMobile Treo 600 and it Hotsynched fine to my Sprint Treo 755p. It is a neat application.

(By the way, I bet super markets will never do it, but that program gave me the idea that those stores should have software where when we customers with Palms checkout they could Hotsynch our purchase history with our Palm devices which would then produce a list of products we purchased over time, by aisle, etc. That would make a great reminder and shopping list. I think such a program would be a hit with stores. Anyone ever heard of a store doing this?)

Numerous other applications appear to have transferred fine as well.

It appears that some TMobile-specific stuff did not make it, such as old text message logs. No big deal to me, fortunately.

Medical codes? I have no application regarding those so do not know if it will Hotsync. I would think it would if it is for Palm OS.

I guess your medical codes application was a long list of the codes where you can look for a procedure and see what the code is?

Ah coding.... I bet the application is not an "up coding" program, however? "Up coding" is where doctors, and I suppose nurses and staff, go to classes on how to manipulate the Medicare and Medicaid coding so as to maximize billings to the taxpayers.

BTW, the 755p sure is zippier than the 600 was.

Robert in Austin, Texas