Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    When plugged into the wall the Charging Light Blinks Red on the treo..Sometimes it flashes sometimes it dosent..what is going on here??
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If your Treo gets Hot either by charging or by a high room temp and charging the Red LED will cycle on and off.
    If the Treo senses that he battery is getting too hot it will pause the charging and continue when it cools down a bit.
    Another thing that you might see is the backlight for the LCD dim when the Treo gets to hot. Based on where you have your brightness setting you might see it just dim or turn off completely.

I am trying to get Sprint or Palm to confirm that the backlight dimming is normal operation becasue a lot of people are having this dimming problem.
    Again the dimming occurs when the Treo gets real hot usually by doing heavy streaming of video or music.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by relgin View Post
    If your Treo gets Hot either by charging or by a high room temp and charging the Red LED will cycle on and off.
    If the Treo senses that he battery is getting too hot it will pause the charging and continue when it cools down a bit.
    Another thing that you might see is the backlight for the LCD dim when the Treo gets to hot. Based on where you have your brightness setting you might see it just dim or turn off completely.

I am trying to get Sprint or Palm to confirm that the backlight dimming is normal operation becasue a lot of people are having this dimming problem.
    Again the dimming occurs when the Treo gets real hot usually by doing heavy streaming of video or music.

Rich
    My Treo backlight dimmed yesterday...I was talking on the phone and then tried to go back into a book I was reading. That seems ridiculous...I was on the phone maybe 20 minutes or so.
    I get the red flash blinking when my batter is almost dead and when I plugged in my phone today when it was flashing red it continued to flash red while plugged into the charger for a while. But also sometimes the LED does nothing when the phone is charging like going to solid red or green when charging and done charging its kind of random if the LED will work or not.