Hello, I need an example copy of the telus NVRAM...

I don't want your ESN...

If you have a treo 650 with telus, here's how you can do me a big favour...

You need to get the CMDAUPDATER.prc from the mac version of the telus/generic cdma 1.04 updater (presumably you have updated already... but that's okay, it will still work...)

(DL the mac version and you can unzip it.) Then copy the prc to an SD card... run it... The first thing it will do is back up the NVRAM and it will say backing up items..., when it gets to initializing, you can reboot your palm... (no harm will be done at this point, and no harm will be done later if you already upgraded).

When the treo reboots, you can use filez to copy "CDMA NV Backup.PDB" from the "palm card"... to your sd card... and thus making a backup of your NVRAM... good to have, just in case....

NOW YOU NEED TO REMOVE YOUR ESN from this file! DON'T Post file without removing it!!!!

Use a HEX editor to find your ESN. It will be backwards... So if the hex ESN on the back of the phone (behind the battery) says "ABCDEF01" the characters you should be searching for should be 01 EF CD AB... get it?

Anyways, when you find your ESN replace it with 01 EF CD AB... so I can find the ESN position...

So huge many thanks for any Telus Treo owner willing to do this...

Take care...