1.    #1  
    A new IMAP mail client has been released for the Treo. It's called Krome. The feature list sounds impressive, so I'm curious if anyone's tried it yet.
    I just saw this too and tried to research. Not much information on website. Specifically doesn't mention PUSH. Their forums don't say anything and there is no support section. But I am also curious if anyone tried this.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Looks pretty weak to me.. I'd have to be rather cheap.
    I hope not. I gave up on versamail... i don't care what version...

I personally use snapper mail... There is chattermail... but either one is going to set youb ack at least $40?

It's a great opportunity to sell a less expensive email client.

My bro tried it:
    he said the UI is good... but limited to the number of accounts (or they way they can be checked/organized) but the biggest weakness he could identify was no SSL... and well the way we have our email-server set-up that is essential for us...

(he said he was having trouble with accessing his AOL email but I never asked to find out exactly what the problem was)

He said it's ok... but definitely felt like a 1.0 version...

BUT I hope the best for them...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    http://www.wolflanesoftware.com/inde...d=26&Itemid=37

What is Krome?

Krome is an easy-to-use email application for Treo cell phones.
    Email on your Treo has never been easier than with Krome's streamlined user interface.
    Guided setup process gets you to your email fast.
    Integrated small font support lets you view more of your email at a glance.
    Advanced network support lets you read and create email while new emails are being downloaded.
    Krome's email experience is designed to be fast and responsive to minimize your downtime and maximize your productivity.

Features

Look up email addresses from your Treo contacts.
    Store email on your Treo SD card.
    Gain easy access to IMAP and POP3 email accounts.
    Easily read email from multiple IMAP folders.
    Try Krome free for 30 days.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I am not sure it supports file attachment.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    It has a nice looking interface. The mail viewing is probably the best of any email client I've tried. However, it doesn't have very good 5-way support. The buttons along the bottom bar aren't selectable through 5-way navigation. It also lacks any scheduled connecting setup to automatically download mail. Couple that with no button to download email (have to use a menu option), and getting the mail is actually a chore. I don't know about attachment support, since I didn't try any messages with that.

All these things can be fixed or added. If they are, I would use it as my email client.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i tried the trial version on my t680. it completely froze my treo, i could not get it to work at all. i have windows vista and had to email it to myself to get it to download so maybe something did not go through.
    morris stalk
    I couldn't get the program to work on my 680. I tried to set up my IMAP Aim mail with no luck. It always only allowed me to set up one account (where on chattermail I have 2 email accounts on). Im sticking with Chattermail. I've never had a problem with it.
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    A new IMAP mail client has been released for the Treo. It's called Krome. The feature list sounds impressive, so I'm curious if anyone's tried it yet.

Bump! I realize this thread is old/dead but just wondering...since it appears that I am a month too late to get Chattermail. My options are dwindling.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Looks like this isn't an option, either. The website is now "for sale".
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Looks like this isn't an option, either. The website is now "for sale".
    Well, too bad. (I guess.) I installed it, and it has a nice look to it, but very limited features. Was looking to see if there was an automatic updating/syncing every "so often" and that didn't exist. Too bad, otherwise I'd use it.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    This email client looks good but it's very limited when it comes to its functionality. And the site's pretty much going bust.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiffer View Post
    This email client looks good but it's very limited when it comes to its functionality. And the site's pretty much going bust.

Agreed, which is too bad, bec. it is the one that has the best looks, in my opinion anyway. I went w/SnapperMail.