Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Since this was buried in an update-is-NOT-here thread, I decided to make it clear that it was here, at least for enough of us to get some data. This was my experience.....please post yours:

Okay, just had mine updated. I walked in to a store here in SoCal and asked tech #1 if she had the update. She said no. I asked if she was sure. She said, yes...there was no update for the 700p. I replied that that was strange, since other Verizon stores seem to have it. Tech #2 overhears us, and says he's got the update right here on an SD card. Nice. Anyway, tech #2 says I shouldn't do it because it will erase everything. Since I'm a dedicated NVBackup user making nightly backups, I told him I wasn't worried, and did an extra manual backup on the spot. I did NOT hard reset the phone before giving to him, but NVBackup does some housecleaning by itself when you backup. He began the update process, and it took nearly 20 minutes! He then checked the phone, and gave it back.

I immediately checked the version number...1.10. Yeah! I then did an immediate restore. I noticed something was different about the phone screen, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I noticed the Verizon Wireless banner was gone. I made a call...no problems. I thought I'd have to re-pair Bluetooth devices, but it immediately paired with my Kenwood car kit. I did notice that the names of the devices had been replaced with BT addresses. But so far everything worked! No incoming calls so that part wasn't tested yet.

Then I tried data....nothing worked. No email, no internet....nothing. Kept getting error messages about the data services not being available. I decided to *228 opt 1 my phone, and everything came back, even the Verizon Wireless banner. So far so good! More testing to follow.......
    Last edited by dcpmark; 07/06/2007 at 08:09 PM.
    Confirmed!!

I went to a main Verizon store in my area today and talked with a manager and she told me that they've had the update for several days and have updated their entire stock of 700ps.

The 700p MR is out and available, just not for download. To update your phone, call your local Verizon store and find out where it is available. Some of the Kiosk type setups won't have it. What I was told today by the manager I met was that Verizon wanted to control the update process so that if an update failed, they could replace the phone right on the spot.

I also asked the manager about the 755p. She said that she was not aware of it coming out in the next 30 days and it does not show up on their system as an upcoming device. However, she did say that she attended a Verizon managers meeting recently where it was annonced that Verizon is going to release several very nice new devices late summer and fall. My guess is that this is Verizon's answer to the iphone. Let's hope the 755p makes it in there somewhere.

Bottom line is the MR is available. Who knows if it will ever be annouced, but you can get it at your local Verizon store.

Greg
    Greg
    If someone with the 1.10 verizon, can do a r2sd backup, I can extract the ROM part from it and make it into a ventura update.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Great. Where in SoCal? All the stores in SoCal?
    I'm dying to hear about the SMS lag. In the last 3 months, my phone's gone rapidly downhill: if I text another Verizon user, my phone locks for 2-5 MINUTES every time immediately after.

Sucks.

-split
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    The store I got it from was in the South Bay....Rosecrans and Oceangate (City of Hawthorne, I think). I never use SMS, so I can't comment. It definitely fixes the car kit bug where the incoming call displayed is the one before the new call, but I was still unable to send my Contacts over to the car kit.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I called 611 on my phone to talk to Tech support earlier today. She confirmed the MR is definitely available, that I have to go to the store to get it. I asked her to see what stores around me would have the update. She called a couple of stores and found one not too far, and confirmed with the Techs that it was definitely available. I went to the store, and the guy at the counter said it is not available, that I would have to download it from Palm. I told him 611 said it had to be done at the store, he insisted they didn't have one. I told him to go in the back and ask, sure enough he came back and apologized, and said they do have it. He took the phone and said to come back in 20-30 minutes. When I got back, they said the Techs couldn't do it, they would have to erase all data. I told him I just did a backup before I came it is ok to erase. They took it back said to come back in 20 more minutes. Sorry to give the whole story, but this seems to be a trend with the stores, so I hope to save someone time.The point of it all is, call 611 to confirm your local store has the update on the SD Card. When a store is confirmed to have it, and when you show up and the Tech says they don't have it,tell them they definitely have it....INSIST they have it, and tell them up front it's ok to erase.

So when I got the phone back, I also confirmed the version, and its the 1.10. I played around with it a bit, and it is not as sluggish as it was. I also noticed My Voicemail Envelope did not disappear.....until I checked my voicemail that is, so that feature still works. I also like the menu feature, definitely comes in handy. I got a little worried when I pressed the e-mail button, and it kept resetting, I believe it directed Verizons E-mail program in there, I pointed it back to Versamail and that worked fine. I did have to input the E-mail passwords into Versamail again, no biggy.
    In regards to Bluetooth, I never had major issues with it. I use the Jawbone. Whenever I connect rhe Jawbone, I would notice it would disconnect in the 1st 10 minutes of the pairing, but knock wood, it didn't drop it during any calls. I had the same pairing issue immediately after the MR, but also havent gotten it dropped during calls after the MR either...again knock wood.

Overall not a HUGE noticeable difference from before to after. It took some of the lag away, and I'm happy I did it. Sorry for such a long book here, but I hope some of the info is helpful. Good Luck all.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Post Your Rom otherwise, I call bs,untill it is available on palms blog or site... this is just to weird. I'm not gonna go though this crap to get an update.
    Last edited by noodle; 07/07/2007 at 05:02 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Noodle....press 6 1 1 on your phone. Get Tech Support. Ask them if there is an update available for Palm Treo 700P, and ask how to get it. If that is too much work for you, then I don't know what else to say.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Got mine in northern Alabama yesterday. If they've got it here, they've got it everywhere I would guess.

It makes Blazer snappier, for sure. That's all I have noticed so far. App switching is fine, no special problems noted other than a strange hang this morning when I picked up the Treo after its automatic Resco backup at 1 am. Soft reset cured it, of course.

I like the "poor man's launcher" feature, too.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks to the kind souls on this board who alerted us all to the MR availability. If I depended on Verizon or Palm, I'd still be waiting.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Anyone who has the update use ChatterEmail? Does it effect the performance of ChatterEmail?
    I just called 611 and the rep said he hasn't heard anything regarding the MR. He said they usually get an email when phones get an available update. I'm still going to stop by my local verizon store to see. I hope this rep was just out of the loop!

EDIT:

I went into the store and asked for it by software update. THEY HAD IT!!!! Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by barakaspeed; 07/07/2007 at 02:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    As my experience shows, even IN the store one tech might know about it while others don't. For best results, ask ALL the techs, or see if there is a tech manager. And remember.....it seems not all the stores have it and/or know about it yet.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    And don't expect a tech to know about "maintenance release", or "firmware version 1.10". Just ask if there's a "software upgrade" for the 700p. That's how I got it, after asking the wrong questions first...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I called tech support twice, *611, they were clueless. I called 3 stores in my area and all they would say is,it would be on the Palm site, also clueless.

I am in the Houston area anyone find a store that has it here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Palm tree View Post
    And don't expect a tech to know about "maintenance release", or "firmware version 1.10". Just ask if there's a "software upgrade" for the 700p. That's how I got it, after asking the wrong questions first...
    Is somebody going to post it???? Please?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvoss View Post
    I called tech support twice, *611, they were clueless. I called 3 stores in my area and all they would say is,it would be on the Palm site, also clueless.

I am in the Houston area anyone find a store that has it here?

Thanks

Ditto for Phoenix Arizona area.

611 was clueless, and 3 local stores that the website says does do software upgrading knew what I was talking about, but didn't have the upgrade in house.
    Forensic Scientist

I'm in So. Cal. I was tolded by 611 to go to the Beverly Connection store. I showed up and not a single person knew about it. They searched everywhere and even called Verizon support themselves (who also knew nothing). While in the store, I called the Hawthorne store (per recommendation above) got them on the phone and handed it to the techs in front of me so they could confirm that it exists. Apparently, they are trickling this release out to the stores. I don't have time to drive to the So. Bay, so I'll just wait another week or so.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    After the Sprint disaster that resulted with unhappy customers and people calling in with bricked phones and all the other mixed results IT MAKES SENSE for Verizon to do it this way...

Plus they can swap you out right then and there if you have a problem.

(Of course they are clueless in the front about what the guys in the back have.)

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast