Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Well . . . I've had two instances, different apps, when I went to connect to the network I got a no network available in your area message. I powered the phone down and back up and was able to connect right away. I did a *228 right after restoral following the MR update, but I'm going to do it again to see if it helps.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    After many trips to many stores, I finally found one that had the MR and I got it and it works (so far) like a charm! The SMS problem has been resolved with the addition of the option to "disable delivery receipts". The update also adds the "quick launcher" by pressing and holding the Home button as well as a couple other cosmetic things. There might be more but I've only had a couple hours to play with it but my main problem (SMS) seems to have been resolved!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I finally found a store that had the MR. I dropped by my local store, and the manager was very helpful in locating a store with "technicians" that could help me.

At first I was given the song and dance "It's on the website" I said no it's not - show me. So they couldn't find it on Verizon, and said it's on Palm's. I said no it's not. They couldn't find it there either. So then they said well, the SD card updater is ONLY for in house stock on hand. I said fine. Then I want to warranty return because the bluetooth on this unit doesn't work, and has never worked properly, please swap me for one of your "stock on hand" units.

Right about then a light bulb went off over the tech's head and said, let me check with my manager (I think he wanted to avoid paperwork). The manager said he'd do it, but they (the store) could not be held liable for data loss, etc. I said that's fine, I just backed it up, and here - let me perform a hard reset for you.

30 minutes later my phone was updated. I haven't been able to try the new bluetooth with my Motorolla H700, but I will post my results in a more appropriate thread after I've tried it for a few days.

The store is located at 60 and Alma School, across the street from Fiesta Mall.
    Forensic Scientist

Please post if you find it somewhere!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    I finally found a store that had the MR. I dropped by my local store, and the manager was very helpful in locating a store with "technicians" that could help me.

At first I was given the song and dance "It's on the website" I said no it's not - show me. So they couldn't find it on Verizon, and said it's on Palm's. I said no it's not. They couldn't find it there either. So then they said well, the SD card updater is ONLY for in house stock on hand. I said fine. Then I want to warranty return because the bluetooth on this unit doesn't work, and has never worked properly, please swap me for one of your "stock on hand" units.

Right about then a light bulb went off over the tech's head and said, let me check with my manager (I think he wanted to avoid paperwork). The manager said he'd do it, but they (the store) could not be held liable for data loss, etc. I said that's fine, I just backed it up, and here - let me perform a hard reset for you.

30 minutes later my phone was updated. I haven't been able to try the new bluetooth with my Motorolla H700, but I will post my results in a more appropriate thread after I've tried it for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by delrey View Post
    Please post if you find it somewhere!

Thanks
    I don't think that's going to work. A very friendly tech was rather overworked today, so I was given the SD card, and allowed install it myself. While at first glance, the card looks normal, the pin configuration on the underside is strange: there are two rows of short-height pins in the appropriate locations, with a space in between. I suspect this is a copy protection issue, perhaps that the pin size on the 700p is longer or shorter than standard SD card readers.

I was able to upgrade my phone successfully, and am enjoying the improvements!
    After a second VZW network update (*228) I have NOT had any more broadband connection issues!

This MR update rocks! The phone responds very quickly when ending a call. The major difference that is noticable revolves around the phone app. I'm not using BT at all at the moment, so can't comment there.

I hope this MR cured the phone randomly turning off, requiring a soft reset to turn the phone back on issue that's plagued me in the past. Time will tell. So far, a very good experience with this long awaited v1.10 MR firmware update!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    There has been mention that the MR has had issues with Bluetooth cat kits. I remember Acura being one of them not sure on others. Has anyone had an opportunity to test this out yet?

Cheers
    ~Life is like hockey... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!~
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post

Dude , thank you.. Im there after work.
    Does the VZ MR have the same problems with the touchtone sound out of the earpiece even with the phone silenced and the alert and ringtone volume ramp-up that plague the Sprint MR and 755p?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianm1002 View Post
    Does the VZ MR have the same problems with the touchtone sound out of the earpiece even with the phone silenced and the alert and ringtone volume ramp-up that plague the Sprint MR and 755p?
    So far I haven't noticed either of those problems.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer View Post
    There has been mention that the MR has had issues with Bluetooth cat kits.
    Hobbs must be very unhappy about the cat kit problem.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Backed up my VZW 1.06 to an SD card using Backup Buddy. Hard reset of the phone. Took it onto VZW store who did the update. Clean, no problems took 30 minutes. Now has version 1.10. Reloaded my backed up data to phone. All seemed to work for a while. Started getting resets that #*#377 did not log. Did the hard reset/reload several times. Final straw was to wake up with phone in a loop on the ACCESS screen. Hard-reset and reloaded all software manually one at a time by hand. Painful but that did the trick. A few more MB of space as I must not have reloaded corrupt or incompatible system files that the new version could not deal with. Stable now for 48 hours. Only issue since that has been talked about is the 1X to EV switch seems to throw off apps needing data, like Blazer and Google Maps. Did the *228 and 1 to reload. Jury still out on if that will do the trick. If not, I’ll call VZW support to see if they can get it figured out.

Overall, quicker but again less than 48 hours into the MR.

Here is what I have issues with so far:
    -Chatteremail will not show on the phone screen new unread e-mails. Have submitted that to them on their Forum.
    -I do get very quiet tones on occasion with speaker switch off. Palm is looking into that I have read on their blog.
    In messaging, using the chat function, The green check mark is no longer seen in the chat session, you need to go to the “outbox” to see if it was received.

Other posts have been very helpful for me and others...please keep it up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    Hobbs must be very unhappy about the cat kit problem.

You try typing with 4 furry paws...

Don't forget about our feline brethren
    ~Life is like hockey... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!~
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm tree View Post
    I know for a fact the store on University had it this weekend. Go to the store in person and ask the female tech-- nice looking lady, you won't miss her. Mention "700p software update", not "maintenance release".
    I am also in Huntsville and I dropped off my Treo there at 10:30, when I came back 2 hours later all they did was a *228 update! I told them I wanted the rom update and they denied it existed, then finally said it does exist but would not upgrade my phone. They said it was for new phones only and refused to do it. The guy in the tech department was nice but the manager was very rude and just really didn't care. It's fine if they don't want me to get the update, but the rudeness went over the line. I won't be going back to that store again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    After a second VZW network update (*228) I have NOT had any more broadband connection issues!

This MR update rocks! The phone responds very quickly when ending a call. The major difference that is noticable revolves around the phone app. I'm not using BT at all at the moment, so can't comment there.

I hope this MR cured the phone randomly turning off, requiring a soft reset to turn the phone back on issue that's plagued me in the past. Time will tell. So far, a very good experience with this long awaited v1.10 MR firmware update!
    I'm going to have to try this, because I have been having the same network connection problem. It has been infuriating. Crossing my fingers hoping this helps...
    Oh and while I am at it... this MR doesn't seem to have helped me at all.

Or very little at least.

I just did the *228 update. After I hung up, I got a beautiful view of a white screen for 10 seconds.

Switching between apps seems a LITTLE snappier, but not much.

Crap. It says VZW 1.10. But I don't have the quick launch feature by holding down the home key. All it does is go to my launcher (ZLauncher) and rapidly switch between tabs. EDIT: It works but only if you DON'T have ZLauncher set as default launcher. That's stupid.

AND, I am still having problems with the network. Was able to check my email with Snapper but can't access web.

Palm blows. Verizon blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Palm blows. Verizon blows.
    Man, I have had every major cell phone company in the US, and I can honestly say I have had less problems with Verizon than any other. I feel bad that you have had problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    But I don't have the quick launch feature by holding down the home key. All it does is go to my launcher (ZLauncher) and rapidly switch between tabs.
    That is configurable in ZL's QL setup - not a VZW / Palm issue.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinkead View Post
    I called VZ Support the first time and they were unaware of any updates and recommended I call the store. There are a lot of people with the company I work for that I would like to update as I keep having to have these Treos replaced due to freezing and resetting, so I wanted the file. I spoke with Verizon Support the second time concerning this update they advised me that the update is available, but we must take it to the Verizon store to have the phone flashed to this version. I wanted to send three engineers to the VZ store when they get out of training to get their phones flashed to this version, but when I called the store that Support had referred me to they said they don’t touch firmware updates on the Treo and it would be a different store. I called Support back a third time and they didn’t know about any updates and transferred me to Palm who advised me that this version was not available on their site for download and that they would not know if it would be available at a Verizon store.
    Yes, the store that Support referred me to didn't have the update either. Do a store locater on the Verizon website, and then click on store info, to find out if they have "technicians" and "software updating" services. Then just walk in - don't call - and act like you know what you are doing. Tell them you have a fleet of X Treo 700ps that need updating, and these three people are only the first few, you're going to send EVERYONE over later
    Forensic Scientist

For those having problems after the update:

I had to do a *228 opt 1 and *228 opt 2 after I went into prefs - network - options - preferences - checked 'connect to the data network whenever the phone is powered on'

I then did a soft reset, and my phone is working very well. No data error messages now.

Am very happy with the upgrade. Hopefully you can solve your issues.

RJ
    RJuhl