Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    congrats verizon folks ..now you get to share the pain of us sprint people. Good luck
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
    I have been having an issue with sending and recieving picture and video messages. I get a message that says that the sending or recieving has failed because the "network is not available".

Has anyone else seen this????
    Did you try this?:

Quote Originally Posted by kpritts View Post
    Goto Prefs, Network, bring down the menu and select Options.
    Then select Preferences and check "Connect to the data network whenever the phone is powered on."

Don't know why it doesn't do it by default, but this corrected the Blazer, Google and other similar issues for me.
    Also, did you try reprovisioning your phone (*228 Opt 1 and then Opt 2)? Finally, try a soft reset after all of the above.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Anyone in Huntsville, AL area have any better success finding the update than I did?
    I know for a fact the store on University had it this weekend. Go to the store in person and ask the female tech-- nice looking lady, you won't miss her. Mention "700p software update", not "maintenance release".
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
    I have been having an issue with sending and recieving picture and video messages. I get a message that says that the sending or recieving has failed because the "network is not available".

Has anyone else seen this????
    I had been having this and other problems sporadically until I noticed today that the MR had set my default memory limit for storing pages (preferences, advanced options) to 4mb. I reset to 8mb and problem solved!
    I had to dial *22899 to get my network to work. After that - it works great - so far... I think this is the process some people call re-provisioning.
    It seems like alot of users are having the data connectivity issue and many of these same users wished they stayed with the old ROM.

I starting thinking tonight, is there anyway to use some of the updates from the new MR and transfer them into RAM?

For example, the messaging lag is very notorious on vzw. Can we copy over the newer version (Messaging app 2.6.2) into the RAM of an original 700p? I don't know which files to try, but I am running the simulator for the 700p and would be willing to try if someone knows which ones I could experiment with.
    I can confirm that my 'refurbished' unit has Treo700p-1.10-VZW installed. I had to have a replacement sent out and it had the updated ROM. I received it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jocamero View Post
    I can confirm that my 'refurbished' unit has Treo700p-1.10-VZW installed. I had to have a replacement sent out and it had the updated ROM. I received it today.
    This is what I did. I called Verizon and bellyached like crazy until they sent me a replacment 700P, which came with the MR. This way I can try the MR for a week, then if I don't like it I can just go back to my old, pre-MR phone.

So far, I'm not seeing any improvments.

Greg
    slc, ut at the gateway VZ Store doesn't know about it. the tech guy specifically told me that "those kind of updates you are going to have to get from their (palm's) website"

sad they dont know about these things.
    I have read that many people are running a backup, using NVBackup or similar, prior to getting the MR installed, then restoring after the MR was installed.

I did just this and I can say without a doubt that this DOES NOT WORK. My post MR treo ran VERY badly. Certain apps just reset the treo, I was having connection problems, and my treo wsa just running very badly. I desided to do a hard reset and a reinstall of all of my apps. After doing this, yes it is a real chore, my Treo is running better than it ever has.

I'm wondering if some of the connection problems people are having is related to a restore of pre-MR data on a post-MR machine??

Greg
    updated last evening, i was rather cheesed it took two hours from them to do so. at least there was a nearby hooters.

i restored from nvbackup without error; blazer seemed fine; chatter seems fine; and more importantly, my plantronics 510 voyager stayed paired for my half hour commute to work. we'll see how the latter holds up.
    I strongly encourage all vzw users to "NOT" do this update/MR.I had it done Sunday in Cincinnati and had nothing but problems.The network connection issues made the phone useless for internet.It either wouldn't connect or wouldn't load pages or it would drop the connection.After freaking out and trying everything including hard resets and hours on the phone with "Wireless Data Tech Support" I finally just went back to the store and whined until they gave me a new in box phone with the old 1.06 software.Problem is that there are not many of these phones left in the stores.Most new phones are being shipped with the updated software.Same exact issues are now affecting 2 of my friends who also did the update.They had there phones replaced also,but with updated phones...not old ones with the 1.06 software....they have the same issues with their second phones.So the issue is definetly caused by this new software.Since I was switched back to an old phone I have had no issues.I am bummed because the freezing and the bluetooth were definitely better with the new software....but unrealibale internet was not something I could deal with.It made the phone as a business tool completly useless for me.VZW is gonna have a nasty issue on their hands as these phones get sold to unsuspecting new owners.....I really thought VZW had done thorough testing because they were more than a month behind in releasing the MR....but I guess not!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Try the default memory limit change from 4 to 8 mb as discussed earlier in this thread. Then see if you are stll having problems...
    Does anybody know what files that the SMS application uses on the Verizon 700p? If so, is there a way to copy those files off an updated phone and put them on a non-1.10 phone? Could someone post the files? Thanks in advance...
    I went to the Gresham store in Oregon and was able to get my phone updated with the MR. I had to go twice as in the morning they couldn't find it but by 5pm it was there and siince I came twice they agreed to do it. Some stores are sticking by the policy of not doing the MR for customer owned phones and some are being more lenient.

I am reasonably happy as it only took me two hotsyncs and one resco backup restore to get it back to where I want it. My Treo 700P seems to be generally more responsive and quicker to move between applications and knock on wood it doesn't reset very often. I am in a EVDO area so I haven't had any of the 1X problems but when I go to Canada which only has 1X service I will be sure to make sure the network is on when the phone is.

Also I have not noticed any change in bluetooth as my Jawbone still disconnects frequently after finishing a call. Anyone else having this problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks

Marv
    Well, I just dropped off my phone at my store in LaGrange, Ga to be updated. Will be picking it up after work.

*Crossing fingers that for once something technological in my hands DOESN'T get screwed up*

Will post impressions tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Well, I just dropped off my phone at my store in LaGrange, Ga to be updated. Will be picking it up after work.

*Crossing fingers that for once something technological in my hands DOESN'T get screwed up*

Will post impressions tonight...
    See if you can get them to give you a copy of the original updater when you go to pick it up... Tell them it's because "just in case I need to reapply it if something goes wrong."
    I just got mine updated at a VZW store in Durham, NC. The phone app is supper fast, not hanging at various places as before. Haven't had a lot of time with it yet.

One thing I did discover quickly is that a couple of my apps (PalmPowerups) require a new unlock code, likely due to how it uses the device ID to pare with an unlock code. These are BluePill and SkinUI. I guess I'll have to wait for new codes from dmitry before I can use them again.

The update takes 30-45 minutes. The VZW rep kept checking it and it just takes that long to run through the routines. I'll report more findings as I have time to work with it a bit.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I have Sprint, and the network connectivity issue does not entirely have to do with 1x. I am in a completely EV-DO area, and I drop network throughout the day. I would not upgrade if I were you.
    Matty
    This is just a random thought and probably wrong, but I'll throw it out there. I'm on vzw in the Washington, DC area and my 700P (ver. 1.06) drops the evdo connection frequently and usually (but not always) reconnects itself. This is my second 700P and my first one also did it. I will sometimes look over when my is on my desk and see it reconnect, so I'm guessing it also does it when I'm not watching. I use Goodlink and have assumed it initiates the reconnection. But following this thread, I'm wondering whether the dropped evdo connection is common in some areas and the difference with ver 1.10 is that it doesn't automatically reconnect?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast