Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    I just got it yesterday at the store at Oakland Mall in Madison Heights, MI
    Love Oakland Mall...rather shop there instead of Lakeside.
    at&t iPhone3G
    i currently have one of those stub antennas on my 700p.... i imagine i should revert back to the factory original before getting the update. or does the tc collective think this is inconsequential?
    I called mission valley, south east, grossmont and point loma nobody has it in san diego
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Confirmed!

Called a local store in suburban Philadelphia PA and they said they had it and to come on in. It did take about 30 minutes plus a little time as the tech said I was the first one in. Worked out fine. Verizon Wireless banner was missing until I placed a call to *228, option 1 to program my phone, then it showed up on the phone screen.

Had a bit of trouble restoring all my programs from a 2GB Ultra SD card using BackupBuddy VFS Pro. The phone kept resetting when it got to certain files and started to load them. Had to resort to the PC program of BackupBuddy to do a Zoomback. That worked out fine. Not sure why the restore feature from my SD card would not work. Anybody experience the same thing?

All in all, it worked out okay. I do notice that the phone moves a little faster between applications. It is still sluggish loading Blazer though. I did have a problem with the phone resetting when I would hit the menu key or tap on the menu icon when in the Calendar or Blazer after installing the security update from Palm dealing with the Find feature. Haven't experienced that happening yet. Hopefully that was addressed with this update.

My recommendation, go get it when you can . It only took 30 minutes at the store.
    TreoBobPA-

I had the update installed on Saturday, and I, too, had the same problem trying to restore from my SD card with Backup Buddy VFS Pro. It would start to install, and then the phone would reset when it seemed to hit a certain file. I ended up doing a clean reinstall of my apps in the end, which is probably the best thing in the long run. Other odd thing was that BB VFS Pro said it was a trial version when the version on my SD card was definitely licensed. Either way, after I reinstalled BB VFS Pro on the phone I was able to successfully backup and restore the phone post-MR, so BB VFS Pro is working fine for me. And as a general comment, I've used BB VFS Pro and it's variants for a long time, and I think it works great; saved my 700P more than once with a full restore.

Otherwise, in my limited testing the MR seems to have improved the BT functionality. I've had no problems pairing and keeping connections, switching between devices and turning BT on and off, and people have already commented that I sound clearer on my handsfree system in my car. Phone overall seems a little snappier. No complaints - yet. ;-)
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I called both Verizon stores in Huntsville, AL and neither could find the update. One told me that they are forbidden to do these types of updates by Verizon and Palm, that I would have to download it myself and do it. Would love to do that if I could find where to download it.

Anyone in Huntsville, AL area have any better success finding the update than I did?

Any negative effects with ChatterEmail operation from this MR?
    Do I need to install nv backup to do a backup? Can't I just resync it after the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBobPA View Post
    Confirmed!

Called a local store in suburban Philadelphia PA and they said they had it and to come on in. It did take about 30 minutes plus a little time as the tech said I was the first one in. Worked out fine. Verizon Wireless banner was missing until I placed a call to *228, option 1 to program my phone, then it showed up on the phone screen.

Had a bit of trouble restoring all my programs from a 2GB Ultra SD card using BackupBuddy VFS Pro. The phone kept resetting when it got to certain files and started to load them. Had to resort to the PC program of BackupBuddy to do a Zoomback. That worked out fine. Not sure why the restore feature from my SD card would not work. Anybody experience the same thing?

All in all, it worked out okay. I do notice that the phone moves a little faster between applications. It is still sluggish loading Blazer though. I did have a problem with the phone resetting when I would hit the menu key or tap on the menu icon when in the Calendar or Blazer after installing the security update from Palm dealing with the Find feature. Haven't experienced that happening yet. Hopefully that was addressed with this update.

My recommendation, go get it when you can . It only took 30 minutes at the store.
    Where in suburban Philly? Has anybody restored from Resco backup?
    I spoke to a tech at one of the Baltimore VZW stores. He had not received the update but did receive an email from VZ corp telling them it was on its way. He expects it some time this week.

Hope this helps.
    ~Life is like hockey... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!~
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    Do I need to install nv backup to do a backup? Can't I just resync it after the update?
    You can, but if some of your apps don't work correctly after the sync, the back up will help you restore them. I had a few apps that this was affected by.
    Just got back from the VZW store. My phone has been upgraded to a brick. They successfully installed the update then my phone got stuck in a reset loop. Insurance is overnighting me a new phone. Oh well I'll try again once it gets here.

FYI, I performed a hard reset before the install. Also, I'm not sure the upgrade is to blame. My phone had been acting very weird for almost a month.
    Ok, interesting experience. I just got finished about 2 hours of phone calls with VZW stores and VZW data connection/support team. EVERY store i called said NO. NO we do not have it and NO we do not do anything of PDA upgrades in the stores. So off i go to call cust service and data support. They do not know either so she goes through and calls all of the same stores that I called. No dice. She then states that the update is not released yet (COMPLETELY contradicting what she already told me). I told her it is and i have watched a friend have his updated in person. Back to work she goes and back to hold for me. 20 mins later, she comes back and tells me that there is no way for me to get the update yet, HOWEVER, if I go to TREOCENTRAL.com, they have the update posted for verizon phones where i can get it just wont be able to receive support. I am soooo confused now lol. These people are unbelievable. All in all, IS there the VZW MR 1.10 posted on this site that I overlooked?
    Nope, it's not posted here... yet...
    Welp.. work is sending me to the Denver area (Specifically DTC/Englewood) Anyone know of any Metro Denver stores that would have this update?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Okay. I was kinda of hoping this thread would be for people who have actually gotten the MR and can post the results of the installation and the results of the update itself. That way people can get help with specific MR-related problems that the MR generated, rather than read through post after post about where to get it or who has it. There is already at least three other threads with that kind of info in them:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146747

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147308

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147051

Anyway, getting this thread back on track, and before you rush out to get the update, I've been having some Network problems ever since the update. I'm now getting "Error 3000: Data not available" errors that I've never seen before. Sometimes multiple attempts to reconnect to the Network fix the problem, other times it takes a soft reset. It may have something to do with EVDO/1X bug that others are reporting. I can eventually always connect, so it's just a little annoying so far. So for me, the MR fixed one problem (wrong numbers on the Caller ID of my carkit) and created another.
    My phone is definitely better.

However, I did have to reprovision it after the upgrade to avoid data errors.
    After the reprovision, everything seems as it should, and much faster.

For now, it was worth it.
    RJuhl
    From a Sprint user fighting the PV dropouts for weeks now, re provisioning won't help. It does for a few days, then you right back to dropping the network. RTN resets don't help either.
    Matty
    Does anyone know of a verizon store in the Los Angeles area claiming to have the SD update? I tried Santa Monica and Culver City without success.

Interestingly, I called 611 this AM and the tech support (3rd level engineer supposedly) was very friendly, did know the update was coming, was unaware that it was here, though. However, when he looked up the current software version for the Verizon 700p, it was listed as 1.10 (which is the MR version).

Thanks
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrasny View Post
    Does anyone know of a verizon store in the Los Angeles area claiming to have the SD update? I tried Santa Monica and Culver City without success.
    Post #6 in this thread.

As an update to the Network problems I've had, I initially did *228 Opt 1 when the tech handed the phone back to me, but I didn't do Opt 2. I haven't seen the error message since I did Opt 2 today.
    I have been having an issue with sending and recieving picture and video messages. I get a message that says that the sending or recieving has failed because the "network is not available".

Has anyone else seen this????
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast