1.    #1  
    Would like to get your advice ...

I've had the 650 (unlocked) since its first release on the original ATT plan (1100 min, free weekend and after 7PM ... ) paying ~$69 inc unlimited Web/email. I swap to a Taiwan SIM when in Asia.

While runs well (no lockup) and the 650 is still in mint condition (been kept in a leather case), antena and lack of 2MB camera with a 3+ year old OS make me want to get a better alternative - if there's one.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    You realize there's no swapping of SIMs in Asia since Sprint is CDMA, and doesn't use SIM cards, right? If you needed that option on Sprint, you'll want the BB 8830.

Otherwise, you're SOL with Sprint or VZW,
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I upgraded from the 650 to the 755p a couple of months ago and IMO it was well worth it. Losing the ability to swap SIM cards could be a dealbreaker for you, though.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Sprint can provide you with a SIM card that you can use in and unlocked phone to make and receive calls internationally. I kept my old unlocked Cingular 650 to do just that and it works great.

I've used the Sprint SIM in Asia and Mexico.
    I moved from Cingular, a 650 and EDGE to Sprint, a 755p and EVDO. I couldn't be happier. The form factor is a good improvement, no antenna is great, the additional memory means all of my apps run in memory instead of on the card. The EVDO network is awesome, and I actually have a good signal at my house, unlike with Cingular/AT&T.
    yeah just keep the unlocked phone.. and get the 755 for US use.. do what you need to so you can get out of Att they are just really bad..
    Well you will notice a HUGE difference network performace wise (Sprint is MUCH better) and you can keep the unlocked 650 for Asia or sell it and get a cheap POS unlocked phone to take with you.