Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are there any third-party skin-developers that have created an i-phone look-alike GUI for Treo/Palm OS???

Just curious. It came up as a joke during a conversation with a friend that promptly showed my his Berry with a VERY i-phone looking interface.

I already searched through the forums for any similar discussions and didn't see any (yet).

Thanks,

Greg

unlocked Treo650
    T-Mobile
    Search forum for iphony. Here is one result.

Hope this helps,

duke
  3.    #3  
    thanks, just found this via google search...

interesting...

Greg
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Iphoneimitation is another one. Search Google
    IphoneImitation also supports making itself the default launcher. Ben
    I have been using Iphony but its issue (unless I am doing something wrong) is I cant access anything other than what I specify the buttons to be. I have to shut it off as the default launcher first. I will try IphoneImitation and see if that is better.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i used butler to make it a launcher and i also have zlauncher running with it. i press and hold the home button to get to zlauncher. it toggles between the two. i use iphony as a favorite of sorts.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I tried iphoneimitation and liked that, but you are limited to just 15 icons that you can assign, which left me with quite a few programs I could not get to easily. That's what led to my current TreoLauncher setup.

I'm using TreoLauncher with an iphone-like set of icons on an all black wallpaper. If you search through the TreoLauncher thread you will find some good info. I have found this combo to be much more intuitive than the standard Palm icons. I set up my Main category to match closely with the iphoneimitation screen, so my most used apps are on the main page. But with TreoLauncher, a quick hit of the Home button gets me to my other categories for more programs. Seems to be the best compromise for me. YMMV.
    Yawn.

I do so little with the icons on my Treo, I don't much care what it looks like. Probably 95% of my interaction is through the keyboard (which is one reason I greatly prefer the Treo to the iPhone).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    with iphoneimitation i could only see 11 icons. can't get to that last row for some reason
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Here is a screen shot of my main page, FWIW.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7...2c6590bnd9.jpg

You can easily toggle off the calendar view if you prefer, but I like to have the handy reference. I have some additional icons that I want to make to commonize the look, but it's a low priority right now.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I personally don't like the iPhone UI with the black background, the cool thing about the iPhone is that everything is animated and antialiased, but the particular skin and icons personally aren't very attractive to me.

I also agree about the keyboard. I don't go into the launcher to get to my apps most of the time but use the buttons and hard keys. My launcher is more for file management than anything.
    Here is a zlauncher themed one that I have...
    Last edited by dfreshthree; 08/06/2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfreshthree View Post
    OK PLEASE tell me how you did that with Zlauncher. Thats what I have been trying to do for weeks to no avail.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfreshthree View Post
    This same look could be accomplished with Treo Launcher
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Vaccpalm...all you need to do is create an all black wallpaper(320x320) with a carbon fiber highlight bar positioned correctly at the bottom and the assorted icons that can be found all over the net...and there you go. Use 4 column and 4 row; no tabs; toggle top and bottom bar, and manual set the icons in the order you want. If you want I can post my wallpaper that I have already made, just let me know. NachoB...I love your work! I have never used Treo Launcher, so zlauncher is all I know, but it looks like another great launcher.
    Last edited by dfreshthree; 07/23/2007 at 01:53 PM.
    Dfreshthree thank you I appreciate it, If you get a chance to post the wallpaper it would be apprecaited but no biggie. I will search the Net for the icons. Thanks for the detailed setup.
    Here is a new wallpaper for zlauncher, I did that more closely resembles the ip background...
    Last edited by dfreshthree; 08/20/2007 at 12:45 AM.
    Once again Thank you so much. Now to look for the Ipone icons.
    ....try deviantart(dot)com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast