Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Tec
    Quote Originally Posted by klatham View Post
    And, no offense "Tec". Really, truly, honestly, none intended. But just for hell of it, I went over to mobile-stream.com and posted a support request for Card Reader to have an option for "Always On"
    The more the merrier!
  2. Tec
    Our SD slot driver demo is now available. See CS SDrv for details and downloads.
    For those that use the SDG-812 with the Treo 700w---I'd like to know what GPS software (commercial or free) you've found that works well (or doesn't work) with the Treo 700w/SDG-812 combo?
    Thanks!
    Ray
    Too all,

Yes I have tried it with my Treo 700p using TomTom and the SDG-812 with the 512MB card and at first it did not work. But after I downloaded the demo of the CS SDRV application cit worked perfect and it stay on while you are using TomTom until the demo expires and all the Navigation info works perfect I get 3-4 bars all the time. However without the patch it does not work at all thanks TEC great job I will be purchasing this patch shortly. Again for those that missed it the patch is at conklinsystems.com. Now I am completely free to go anywhere with no wires attached. I will follow up later to tell everyone the impact on the battery. I must tell you this is the coolest device I have used yet with my treo, make sure you get the SDG 812 if you have TomTom because the maps need to me on a SD card.
  5.    #25  
    How sturdy is the antenna? I currently keep my 650 in my (front) pants pocket, in a soft (easily modifyable) leatherette case. I'm guessing that I couldn't do that anymore if I bought this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    How sturdy is the antenna? I currently keep my 650 in my (front) pants pocket, in a soft (easily modifyable) leatherette case. I'm guessing that I couldn't do that anymore if I bought this device.
    No, I don't think you would want to carry it around in your pants pocket ... not with the antenna in place. Maybe in a more form-fit chest pocket ... something that would keep the antenna from being stressed. This is definitely not a "rugidized" unit by any means, and, no, I'm not going to start bending my unit to see how much it takes for it to snap off!

I do not think this would "fit" in any current case with the antenna in place, though many would allow it to protrude since often the SD slot is unobstructed. This unit is more for use in controlled conditions or for intermittent use. Anywhere you can either fasten the unit down in a protected location (for continual use), or under any conditions where you are just waypointing (like hiking, etc.). In fact, I would say a hiking vest (front chest) pocket or even a good high arm-band holder would provide plenty of protection in most circumstances.

But being that it is easily removable/installable (and pocketable by itself) means that its good in a *lot* of situations. I carry mine (separately) with me most places, in case I need it (to figure out *where the #%$%& I am* )

Ken
  7. Tec
    I've been using mine much like Klatham. I don't leave it plugged in, but rather just toss it in my shirt pocket, since it won't fit with the belt holster I use anyhow. It's so small and light that you can always take it with you.

Actually I was thinking about adding a small pocket to the holster. It's not like a GPS 'brick' for the car; once you have one of these you get used to having it with you anywhere, all the time, so I find I always take it with me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12