Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    I don't know if other people are also experiencing this, but my 1.5month old 755P has developed a creak/click when the left side of the body(around the red End button) is slightly squeezed. When the bottom left corner of the LCD is depressed slightly, I can also hear a click and feel the corner descent a little bit.

Obviously, not a HUGE deal but pretty annoying nonetheless because it doesn't feel like a solid piece anymore and definitely not what I would expect from a $300 phone.

Can I take this issue up to a Sprint store and have them "tighten" some internal piece?
    Look at the front in a dark room when the keyboard is illuminated - faceplate may be cracked.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Hey you are right! There is a crack between the red End button and the app button. Not visible at the surface, only visible in dark when the light is on.

Can I get this fixed under warranty?
    people must understand that phones WILL go through stress in their life span...

is it really worth it to send it to warranty, and be without a phone for a few days?

furthermore, if you do an advance exchange with Palm, they will charge you $25 plus tax
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    I'm okay with the crack if it doesn't cause audible clicks or the LCD shifting everytime I pick up the phone. However, it looks like the 755P has an inherit problem with case cracking.. so a new replacement or repair will probably mean another crack soon down the road.. sigh..
    You've only had it for 1.5 months. I don't think that's long enough for a crack like this to form from normal use. I would contact Palm or Sprint about it.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    Look at the front in a dark room when the keyboard is illuminated - faceplate may be cracked.
    I see light comming out from under the face plate in the area you describe. But my face plate is not cracked.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I see light comming out from under the face plate in the area you describe. But my face plate is not cracked.
    ink: do you see a line of light? kind of like a crack? My face plate surface does not show the crack so I assume the crack is on the other side of the face plate. Looks like a bad design thus causing the stress crack.
    I see that same line from the red button to the home key. I don't think it is a crack because mine doesn't make any creaking noises.
    I have that line too on mine (noticable when the keyboard lights are on)
    Me 2 i have the same line and no creaking or clicks here
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ywenz View Post
    ink: do you see a line of light? kind of like a crack? My face plate surface does not show the crack so I assume the crack is on the other side of the face plate. Looks like a bad design thus causing the stress crack.
    It looks like a gap, but it was there since day one. Actually this is the first treo since the 600 that has not been creaking. The 650 & 700 both creaked from the battery door.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    I see that same line from the red button to the home key. I don't think it is a crack because mine doesn't make any creaking noises.
    Mine is the same as well. Not worried until it starts creaking, if it does.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have the same "line of light" between the corner of the end button and the app button, but no creaks yet.

http://i11.tinypic.com/537vq8i.jpg
    http://i19.tinypic.com/4qsxcue.jpg
    Two treos same line of light on both. One is a week or so old the other is rarely used. I am sure its not a crack or the cause of any creaking.
    I've had my 755p just about 2 months now. I too noticed a creaking noise after a couple weeks. I believe the noise, from mine, is coming from the battery door. There appears to be some "flex" in the door if you press down on it. I notice the creaking when I'm using the keyboard with one hand. Maybe a larger, and stiffer, piece of cushion between the door and the battery would solve the problem.