Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. relgin's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #1  
    There have been a number of posts in this form talking about people taking in there 755p for reprograming or update.

    Is there more than one version of the software (firmware) for the 755p ?

    If I go to the Menu on the Phone screen and under Phone Info I have a Software version of (Treo755p - 1.04-SPNT).

    I would be interested if anyone has a different version especially the ones that said that they had there 755p reprogramned.

    Thank you,

    Rich
  2. #2  
    Nope. For some reason which even I cant grasp some people are trying/putting the 700p MR update on the 755p, for what reason? No clue. The only point I see in this is so we learn how to upload custom roms to the phone so we can do our own software updates and hacks similar to the 600 and 650s before the 700's came along and became impossible/harder to hack.
  3. #3  
    Reprogramming has nothing to do with the firmware; the programming it's referring to entails setting up your phone so that it identifies to the network as your phone number, and is properly provisioned for data service.
  4. #4  
    If you are referring to PRL updates all 755p's have the latest PRL's.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Leviss View Post
    Reprogramming has nothing to do with the firmware; the programming it's referring to entails setting up your phone so that it identifies to the network as your phone number, and is properly provisioned for data service.
    Actually the reprogramming that Sprint can walk you through does more than that. It "resets" (for lack of a better word) a number of the settings for the phone and built in apps like VersaMail. It does not add anything new like the MR update for the 700 did.

    After my 755 kept resetting over and over even after a hard reset to remove all third party apps and dbs, the reporgramming seems to have corrected the problem.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Actually the reprogramming that Sprint can walk you through does more than that. It "resets" (for lack of a better word) a number of the settings for the phone and built in apps like VersaMail. It does not add anything new like the MR update for the 700 did.

    After my 755 kept resetting over and over even after a hard reset to remove all third party apps and dbs, the reporgramming seems to have corrected the problem.
    You can do 2 levels of hard resets. One is not really a hard rest since info is still retained. The other requires the MSL code and it wipes everything back to just built in ROM nothing more.
  7. #7  
    What do you have to press again to get to the hard reset that asks for the MSL? I know that you have to reactivate the phone again when you do that type of hard reset.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    You can do 2 levels of hard resets. One is not really a hard rest since info is still retained. The other requires the MSL code and it wipes everything back to just built in ROM nothing more.
    As part of the reprogramming a Sprint tech will walk you through, they will give you your MSL code. Be sure to write it down for future reference.
  9. #9  
    LOL! Update? LOL!! Ask this question again in June 2008.
    <br>
  10. #10  
    if the 755 got an update this soon, the 700p users would blow Palm Headquarters up lol
    HTC Touch Pro
  11. relgin's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #11  
    Thanks guy's for the reply's. I to felt that it would be too soon for Sprint to release a true firmware (software) update.
    Like some have posted some people use different terms for the different operations.
    Some of it comes from the Sprint techs using the wrong terms.

    Thank again,

    Rich
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    if the 755 got an update this soon, the 700p users would blow Palm Headquarters up lol
    I would do it anyway, it is crazy what palm did to us 700p users

Posting Permissions