1.    #1  
    Any difference between this 4gb Transcend MiniSD card and this 4gb Toshiba MiniSD card?

I ordered the former on Amazon and the seller sent the latter instead. I'm trying to determine if I should return it or not.
    the toshiba is a class 4, the transcend is only a class 2, so it rated to be half as fast as the toshiba
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! Looks like I'll be keeping the Toshiba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Thanks! Looks like I'll be keeping the Toshiba.

I have the Toshiba 4GB mini-sdhc class 4 and it is great.

TomTom was VERY VERY slow but I reformated it and now TomTom works great!
    The Toshiba is Class 4 and only $30. Transcend can't touch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The Toshiba is Class 4 and only $30. Transcend can't touch that.
    nsxprime, can you tell me where you found the Toshiba for only $30? The Amazon link above has it for $44.99. I just purchased a Patriot 2 gig for $20 at Fry's Electronics today but I'll return it for a larger one if I can get it for $30. Thnx
  7.    #7  
    There's one on EBay for a starting bid of $24.99, buy it now for $40. I paid 44.99 + s&h on amazon,

If you know where to get it for $30, please let us know!
    Doing a google search on: toshiba 4gb minisdhc class 4

gives this as the cheapest:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?Inv...)-_-SD-S04GR4W
    geeks.com and use the 10% discount coupon
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i have a transcend class 4 4GB card. got it from amazon for $45.
    I just ordered a Toshiba Class 4 - 4gig card from geeks.com for just under $40 including shipping (this $40 price was after using the 10% discount coupon "DEALCATCHER" when checking out). I guess I'm returning the Patriot 2gig card to Fry's tomorrow. Thanks guys,
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    the toshiba is a class 4, the transcend is only a class 2, so it rated to be half as fast as the toshiba
    I bought a Transcend 4GB miniSD card through Amazon from this vendor: http://www.fotocomm.com/site/ and it was a class 4. Shipped for about $50. I've had a few Transcend cards and never had a problem, and they are known to use SLC (I think Sandisk uses the cheaper and less-reliable MLC).
    -------
    Multi Layer Cell NAND Flash memory uses a multi layer cell structure. MLC allows increased storage capacity on the same die size as compared to an SLC NAND. MLC is typically the least reliable and has the least speed performance.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    I have the Toshiba 4GB mini-sdhc class 4 and it is great.

TomTom was VERY VERY slow but I reformated it and now TomTom works great!
    Atif

Please how did you re format your Toshiba 4bg mini sd? Mine just arrived and I formatted in the 755, but it seems extremely slow in syncing my music with Media player and Pocket Tunes
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow View Post
    Atif

Please how did you re format your Toshiba 4bg mini sd? Mine just arrived and I formatted in the 755, but it seems extremely slow in syncing my music with Media player and Pocket Tunes

I was researching this last night and I found the following discussion which answers your question: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143749

-----------------The following was originally posted by ink883-------------

"OK problem solved. The MiniSD card need to be formated a special way or TomTom runs too slow.

The following was posted in the 680 forum by Barnel

Very important is the cluster size of your card. You will get the best results with the following cluster sizes. Use the DOS box for formatting your card. I`m using a Transcend 4 GB / 150x with best results (16K), even with big Western Europe map.

Less than 4 GB (FAT16):
    2 GB SD (SanDisk) FAT16 mit 32K: format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

4 GB and more (FAT32):
    4 GB SD or SDHC (Transcend) FAT32 mit 16K: format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

"X" is the drive letter."