1.    #1  
    I know that I've seen this posted here before (tried searching, failed). Isnt there a way to tell if your Treo is new or reconditioned, and to see how MUCH use it may have got? I have a warranty-replacement Treo coming, and the CS guy kept saying 'in the full packaging', but seemed to be avoiding the word "new"-- I want to know what I really got.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i would think if they send it in full packaging with all the accessories and stuff that it is new? i got a few replacement phones sent to me last month, the first two were refurbs and just came in a plastic bag. the last one they sent was brand new, at least thats what they told me, and it came in the box and everything was there, charger, usb cable, manuals, headset, disc, all there.

nice beer can chicken there, made that the other night for the first time, its good stuff.
    ##rtn#
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714 View Post
    I know that I've seen this posted here before (tried searching, failed). Isnt there a way to tell if your Treo is new or reconditioned, and to see how MUCH use it may have got? I have a warranty-replacement Treo coming, and the CS guy kept saying 'in the full packaging', but seemed to be avoiding the word "new"-- I want to know what I really got.

Thanks
    From the phone screen, enter ##786#

Scroll down the page that appears.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Nothing happens when I enter it.
    What is your carrier? For Verizon, you need to enter #*#786# instead of ##786# (Sprint).
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    The life timer can be "reset" to 0 by the pull down menu at ##RTN, reset (MSL).. (a hard reset then a RTN timer reset is preformed), so its not a useful way to check.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    nice beer can chicken there, made that the other night for the first time, its good stuff.
    (sorry, brief stroll OT, but, its BBQ for cryin out loud!)

Try using a good heavy stout (sierra nevada is my favorite) in the can. yum...
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    What is your carrier? For Verizon, you need to enter #*#786# instead of ##786# (Sprint).
    Verizon it is. That was the problem.
  10.    #10  
    So, at the bottom of the life timer screen there is a spot that says "reconditioned status" (mine says no. woo-hoo), in case anyone else is interested.
    I checked the screen on my T755, it says its not reconditioned and life timer is 26 min. It also has a warranty date of 04-19-2007. Does this have any significance? I just got it 2 days ago, so I didnt know if that related to my account or if it was just something based on a manufacturing date or something. (I know this is 700 forum but I didnt want to start a new thread. )
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    mc:

It's my feeling that it really doesn't matter as long as it looks/feels new and has full warranty coverage. Mine is reconditioned but performs (or doesn't!) as my previous new one did(n't)...

Btw, ot again, but could you tell exactly how you got that chicken that way?? Meaning time horizontal, time vertical, seasoning, etc..? It looks SO GREAT! I'd pm you email, if you have time and don't want to drift this...

Many thanks and BBQ well, all.

David