Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a long time VZ customer and am very disappointed with yet another delay for the 755p. I am considering switching to the Sprint 755p. I picked up one today and am trying it for 30 days. So far, the signal is actually BETTER than VZ! (much to my surprise!) I am curious as to other's experience in switching from VZ to sprint. Quality? I have "heard" that VZ signal penetrates large buildings in cities better. Is that true? It seems I can use the internet with roaming also??? Thanks in advance!
    I just switched May 14th after over 20 years with Verizon (or their previous names). I have found that I haven't dropped a call yet, although I was dropping them all the time with Verizon, and certainly not missing the $45 per month I was paying for unlimited internet. As for working in buildings and such, Sprint seems the same or better for me. Has been working in elevators where Verizon wouldn't even get a signal. I say go for it, but as long as you're changing, I would return the 755 you have and buy one to use with the SERO plan that you can read about in the CDMA thread. You can also keep your Verizon number.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    what is the sero plan? And is there extra charges for data while roaming? I had a popup say that!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    what is the sero plan? And is there extra charges for data while roaming? I had a popup say that!
    How can you be on this board for so long and not know SERO? No charge for roaming, long distance and nights start at 7 p.m.

Go here and look at this page first, then where it asks for an email, use enternow@sprint.com

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nex...pclanding.html
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    How can you be on this board for so long and not know SERO? No charge for roaming, long distance and nights start at 7 p.m.

Go here and look at this page first, then where it asks for an email, use enternow@sprint.com

regular plans get no roaming charges also and no long distance and nights at 7.

Advantage of Sero is you get all the normal plan junk but you get free unlimited data and unlimited text.

As for signal both VZ and Sprint both use CDMA 1900mhz and both of the signals work the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post

Advantage of Sero is you get all the normal plan junk but you get free unlimited data and unlimited text.

As for signal both VZ and Sprint both use CDMA 1900mhz and both of the signals work the same.
    I signed up for the SERO before the end of June because they said the unlimited txt was expiring then... having unlimited EV-DO is the BEST!

I was paying $10 a month for 1xRTT! They finally have EV-DO coverage here where I live so it all came together nicely!

Verizon also uses 800mhz. Sprint is completely 1900mhz.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I have been a long time VZ customer and am very disappointed with yet another delay for the 755p. I am considering switching to the Sprint 755p. I picked up one today and am trying it for 30 days. So far, the signal is actually BETTER than VZ! (much to my surprise!) I am curious as to other's experience in switching from VZ to sprint. Quality? I have "heard" that VZ signal penetrates large buildings in cities better. Is that true? It seems I can use the internet with roaming also??? Thanks in advance!
    You know, I have been pondering this myself. The main issue I see is that I get free mobile to mobile between VZW people and most people here in Oregon are on VZW. I would hate to think what my bill would be if I had to pay for all of those free mobile to mobile minutes I am currently getting.
    Explination
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the great link KStewart! If I understand correctly, VZ signal goes through buildings better because of the 800 signal. As they add more 1900 digital towers to update, will they not have the same penetration problem as sprint? So far, I have found the sprint signal stronger and much clearer. But I am roaming some with sprint, but not with VZ. I am running a VZ 700p side by side with the 755p SPrint. Does the 755 have a better radio to pick up the signal, or isit just sprint's signal stronger? Thanks!
    I left VZW about two months ago after being a very long VZW customer. I just couldn't pass up the SERO plan. I tried the 700wx with verizon before I left, then picked up a 755p with SPCS and used them side by side. In my area at least the signal was way way better. I get signal in places all over the state that I didn't with VZW. It's been a win win for me.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    I left VZW about two months ago after being a very long VZW customer. I just couldn't pass up the SERO plan. I tried the 700wx with verizon before I left, then picked up a 755p with SPCS and used them side by side. In my area at least the signal was way way better. I get signal in places all over the state that I didn't with VZW. It's been a win win for me.
    Which state? Carriers perform differently in different areas.
    Just be sure to not call sprints c/s too much. Wouldn't want your account cancelled now would ya?
    I would wait for a couple months before jumping ship.

I visited with a manager at a major Verizon store in my area today and asked about the 755p. She told me that she was not aware of it coming out in the next 30 days. However, she said that she recently attended a big managers meeting where it was announced that Verizon is going to release several new, very nice, phones.

I am hopeful that the 755p will be part of this release.

Greg
    Doesnt VZ have to get off the 800mhz network within a few years? Does the treo even do analog anymore? I thought it was all digital since the 650.
    Last edited by AndrewAz; 07/06/2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Doesnt VZ have to get off the 800mhz network within a few years? Does the treo even do analog anymore? I thought it was all digital since the 650.
    It was suppossed to be last year but they gave everyone an extension (don't ask me how long). My Verizon Treo 600 was all digital.
    Sprint Treos have always been ALL digital. The KYO 6035 had an analog band. Treo300 started all digital.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18.    #18  
    does that mean the VZ treos just use the 1900?
    does that mean the VZ treos just use the 1900?
    No...Treos have both modes CDMA 800/1900MHz digital dual-band. 800MHz is digital at a lower frequency, but not all digital with the presence of anologue. 1900 MHz is a higher frequency. The higher frequency is better for bandwith and clarity. Sprint has the most markets for EVDO with more consistant and faster speeds. Verizon was said to have crippled their 700 for accomodation to their lacking coverage @ 800MHz which showed in a video on You TUBE with Sprints 6700 vs. Verizons and Sprint was faster.

Video
    Last edited by KStewart; 07/07/2007 at 09:42 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post

Or you can use tristan.kime@sprint.com

Apparently the program is open to the general public, I don't know how long for. I signed up yesterday for the $30.00 plan (500 minutes) plus data, etc.

But they also have higher tiers:

1250 minutes plus data etc. for 49.99
    2500 minutes plus data etc. for 99.99

I ordered a blue 755p yesterday. Now all I have to do is scrape up the money to pay Verizon's ETF....*searching under couch cushions for change*

Lorraine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast