1.    #1  
    This may sound like a newbie type question, but since ive only had my Treo 600 for about 2 months, I think it'll be ok. I have recently got the USB Modem program to use my treo as a modem on my laptop and my two questions are :
    1. Is there any program that is better than USB Modem?

and

2. Is there anyway to use this without having an existing dial up service? such as NetZero or others?

I use Cingular service and they have no idea what im talking about when i contact them about a number, name and password to dial up.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    First, you don't want Cingular (AT&T now) to know that you are using a program to access the internet for your laptop. I've never used USB Modem, I use PdaNet (http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php) but I think they do the same thing. It connects through your phones internet service so you don't need any dialup numbers or passwords. You do need internet service for your 600. I highly recomend the unlimited internet service offered as connecting your laptop through the phone usually uses up a lot of data.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Just to show how great it is to have PDANet. I'm going to D.C. tomorrow through Saturday and just called the hotel to see if they charge for internet. It's $9.95 a day. The hotel room is $269 a day (at Dupont Circle?), and they charge for internet.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas