1.    #1  
    I currently have a 700P thru sprint. I can't say that I've had too many problems with it, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. But I was curious if it is worth it to try and get sprint to upgrade me to the 755p? Is it essentially the same phone minus the antenna?
    If the 700p works for you then I wouldn't suggest you upgrade. The 755 is pretty much the same OS since PalmOS hasn't had a major update in a very long time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    its the exact same phone... with weaker battery.

unless you can get the 755P for under $300, dont bother

[my honest opinion]
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    its the exact same phone... with weaker battery.

unless you can get the 755P for under $300, dont bother

[my honest opinion]
    The form factor is improved, the battery has a shorter life, the reception appears to be better. Other than that, probably little difference for a 700p user. The big reason to upgrade from a 700p is to resolve the problems with it.
    I had a 700p through Sprint for about 6 months. I too waited anxiously for the MR and performed the MR on the first night - then I got to go to a Sprint store for a replacement 700p. I came home and successfully installed the MR after 2 attempts. My bluetooth was still sketchy at best and there were other issues = the MR did not fix anything.
    I called Sprint on a Saturday and they agreed to swap out my 700 for a 755 for free as a warranty exchange (I explained that it still did not work for me even after the MR and that the 755 supposedly had better reception. I had placed a trouble ticket approximately 1 month earlier as I get no reception in my house, but am fine everywhere else). I am not sure if it was also a matter of having a business account that she was able to swap for free.
    The 755 has had better bluetooth function - I used to have to reset the 700 daily if I wanted to use the bluetooth and the 755 seems better at being able to turn on the headset and just use it. However, it still drops a connection like the 700 did - it just manages to find the phone again easier and quicker.
    I have no trouble getting through the day with the OEM battery. I have a lot of chargers though and am therefore not worried about it.
    The reception has not really been any different which is a bummer. Maybe a tiny bit better, but I am probably being hopeful and imagining it.
    The form factor and the change from a SD card to a mini SD card was not really that big of a deal for me.
    So some people have had luck in getting a swap for a 755 and some people have had no luck. If your 700 is working for you it is not really a whole lot different and not necessarily worth spending more money.