1.    #1  
    I have a tomtom bundle (nav 6 after updating) with that came with an older BT GPS. The sensitivity and acquisition time seem to be getting longer and longer. I'd like to know the opinions of those out there that have SIRF III gps modules that are using with a 650 and TT Nav 6.

I bought a TransplantGPS 9WMS3-E a while back. I could get it to pair up with the phone and work with the diag SW that came with it. However I never could get the TT SW to recognize it. So I sent it back (after talking to TT and trans).

Any reccomendations?

Thanks!!

-zone
    Been using RoyalTek 2010 for several years (one of the first IIIs) and its still available. Paired awesome with my 650 and Nav5. Recently upgraded to 755p and Nav6 (included maps of AK - vacation next mth - Pairing is horrific. Spent time with TT Support and all they had to say is "755 is unsupported."

Loved, Loved, Loved Nav5; 6 is ok update, but slower. TT support is not sure why the software tries to "phone home" everytime I start it (really a pain) - I don't have traffice enabled (nor can I get support to change device id on their records, within my lifetime). Sometimes the only way to get the Royaltek to pair with TT is to "re-add" the BT device just before I run TT. Positive it is the TT software, because the gps sensor was pairing just fine with TT5 before I "upgraded."

Have always loved TT software, but TT's reputation of terrible support is justified. You won't find an easier to user interface; was hoping Nav6 would have text-to-speach; but was definately dreaming - still very useful, just get in the habit of glancing at screen to confirm which exit on complicated interchanges.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Kev!

Anyone know what GPS they're currently bundling with TT 6?

-Zone
    I believe it's a rebadged Holux GPSlim 236.

Incidentally, I'd love to talk to anyone with one of the new TomTom GPS, please drop me a PM or IM if you do!
    Last edited by tomtastic; 07/08/2007 at 12:56 PM.
    TT inherently takes a little bit of time to link up to the GPS unit, no matter which one you have for BT, but I use a 700p with TT6 and a Holux 240.

I highly recommend the 240 due to the size. Size of a pack of gum, battery lasts long enough if you are out of a car. Thats right.... small enough to not even notice in your pocket and you can use the GPS when you're walking around downtown or anywhere you're not in a car.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphoneman View Post
    TT inherently takes a little bit of time to link up to the GPS unit, no matter which one you have for BT, but I use a 700p with TT6 and a Holux 240.

I highly recommend the 240 due to the size. Size of a pack of gum, battery lasts long enough if you are out of a car. Thats right.... small enough to not even notice in your pocket and you can use the GPS when you're walking around downtown or anywhere you're not in a car.
    some little SCHIT stole my Tom Tom receiver out of my car so I had to replace it..

I just ordered and got the Holux 250.. Awesome little device.. Only thing I noticed is that the refresh is sort of slow.. I think like every second.. I seem to remember the Tom Tom one being a bit smoother..
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have been using the Holux M1000 for about a month now. The M1000 uses a newer chip set than the SIRF III. It is said to be just as sensitive but have longer battery life. I am amazed how sensitive the receiver is and often gets a signal inside buildings.

I have it paired with TT6 and am very happy with it. One note, I recently had my Treo 650 replaced with a 700p. I installed the 1.10 MR update on the new unit. It takes longer for TT6 to connect to the receiver than on the 650, but nothing too bad.

I also use the receiver with Starcaddy as a Skycaddie device and it works very well. I really like the receiver.
    Just figured out this weekend, TT6 pairs much quicker and more often, if I start TT6 first and then turn on the GPS reciever. Not sure why, but much happier with results.

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have had this one
    http://www.semsons.com/im6blgpsrevw.html
    for a few months now and it works perfectly with my old 650 and now 700p
    I've had(Treo 755p) the Seidio Sirflll & TomTom 6, without any problems what so ever.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Okay (probably should start a new thread on this, but I'll give this a shot), bought a Holux 240 and I'm having the same problem as with the TransplantGPS.

I can get the treo 650 to pair with it, but TT does not recognize it. Just sits there saying 'connecting to GPS', endlessly (severla minutes). Tried rebooting, pairing several times, deleting the other GPS from the BT device. No happiness. After repairing with the old GPS, it connects right away.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!!

-Zone
    did you get the new GPS device listed as a Trusted Device in the BT app?
    Over the last several days, I've found this makes all the difference between success and failure: Make sure GPS receiver is off; run TT, acknowledge, etc.; only then, turn on GPS receiver. Happy with TT6 now.

14.    #14  
    Rock and Tom,

Yes,. it is recognized and listed as a trusted device under the BT Trusted Devices window. "Details..."
    Trusted Device Nmae: HOLUX GPSSlim240
    Remote Device Name: 00:08:0D:86:18:97
    Most recent Connection: 7/12/07 1:39 PM (when I 'discovered' it)
    Type: Unknown

So the phone is seeing the GPS module.

I tried your procedure, Kev. Along with every other combination of on/off/boot/reset/etc. that I can think of. As well as deleting all other BT devices. No happiness.

Just got of the phone with TT and the SSD tech there is perplexed as well. The fact that the older BT GPS works is what's wierd.

I'm going to try and re-install the TT SW tonight and see if that fixes anything.

-Zone

Just