1.    #1  
    Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong topic, this is a new site for me.

I've spent a lot of time reading here, and learning with this new 755p, you guys are a wealth of information!

I'm trying to figure out if I can download podcasts (the video type, for example). Do I need to download an app to do this?

I can add MP3 type podcasts (audio) onto my card through Active Sync, and get them to play on the 755p in p Tunes; but I can't seem to download & play the bigger podcasts, or video podcasts.

So I put my card into my computer (Vista, by the way), and added a podcast onto the card (from I-tunes). It is there, and it shows up under pictures and videos, but it won't play.

Is it possible to play this kind of podcast (something from CNN, for example)

Thank you so much for any help or advise!!!
    do a search for TCPMP video player, then search for the tcpmp_aac_plugin, all the other plug-ins should be included with the player when you find it... install everything in the palm/launcher folder on your card, and you should be good to go... between tcpmp & kinoma 4 you should be able to play just about all of the popular formats out there

*note* you won't be able to play the itunes drm stuff
    HTC Touch Pro
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded Kinoma and I'm trying to figure that out now. Great program, and I'll be using it on the phone.

I was trying to avoid buying an ipod, thinking I could download the podcasts I wanted, and play them on the Treo755p. But I just can't figure out a simple way to do it.

For instance...let's say you wanted to play a podcast from CNN. Is there an easy way to do this, and listen/watch it on the Treo?

Life is so complicated these days....

Thanks again for the help!

I am going to download the TCPMP next....
    With ptunes deluxe you can click on a podcast file in the browser and be prompted to play (which will stream ota) or save the file to card.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pabbb View Post
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded Kinoma and I'm trying to figure that out now. Great program, and I'll be using it on the phone.

I was trying to avoid buying an ipod, thinking I could download the podcasts I wanted, and play them on the Treo755p. But I just can't figure out a simple way to do it.

For instance...let's say you wanted to play a podcast from CNN. Is there an easy way to do this, and listen/watch it on the Treo?

Life is so complicated these days....

Thanks again for the help!

I am going to download the TCPMP next....
    well I just went here http://www.cnn.com/services/podcasting/ from the treo's browser, and clicked the listen link, and was able to listen without an problems...

I clicked the watch link and downloaded the m4v file to my card, and then fired up tcpmp & opened up the m4v file, but the video was choppy... So I used tcpmp's paid version "the core player" and the video played fine...

IMO. it really doesn't get any simpler than that

personally you own a ipod killer and don't realize it, the treo eliminates the pc/itunes syncing from the equation, and cuts down the amount of devices you have to carry

*note* its hard for me to recommend anyone to purchase "the core player" because its only advantage over tcpmp is smoother ipod video playback and a prettier GUI... but in your case its definitely cheaper than buying an ipod, & becoming a isheep... but make sure you try tcpmp & the aac_plugin before purchasing the core player... you might have better luck with playback on your end...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I have pTunes Deluxe, but I wasn't aware of its OTA podcast downloading features. I've been using mOcean for podcasts, and its ability to sych iTunes playlists. With mOcean, you can schedule your downloads, whiich I still don't believe is possible with PT. It also supports non-DRM aac files and video.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks again, everyone. I've downloaded all the apps you have mentioned. Now I'm trying to get the podcasts to work properly. I have all weekend to figure this out! But I was not aware of all the apps, until I found you good people on this site. Thanks so much for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by pabbb View Post
    With Kinoma Player 4 EX, just go to News > CNN in the built-in Kinoma Media Guide.

Or, you can choose a podcast feed in your browser and pick Kinoma Player as the "handler", or enter the URL to a podcast feed directly by choosing Open URL from the Media menu.

-- Charles Wiltgen

http://feeds.feedburner.com/kinoma.1.gif
    Resco Neeews can stream or download audio podcasts.
    Same with QuickNews
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."