1.    #1  
    Any 755p owners using Lexspell? I have a problem where the Mini-SD card will not be seen anymore after LexSpell is ran for the first time or after the reg code is enter. It is not that the card disappears immediately, but it does so the first reset after the program writes its entry into the Saved Prefs file.

This is not a problem with Lexspell, as the problem does not exist after a hard reset with Lexspell loaded by itself.

It must be conflicting with another app

So I am looking for anyone that has the same type of problem. Or the same missing card thingy but with another app. Typing to track down which app is conflicting with it.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Do you have TreoMsgr installed? I had that problem with this program sometimes after a reset. I do have Lexspell installed too, but never had this problem with before I installed TreoMsgr. However, I've found that if I turn Chatter off I have no problems after a reset. The fix is to eject and insert the SD card again and it works. Also, try using CardKeeper.

Al
    I have LexSpell installed and registered and don't have any problems with it. As I said, I had the same problem you did in the past but don't any longer. I don't know what was causing the problem.
    Do you guys consider LexSpell to be one of the more reliable spell checkers for general use then? - I am looking for one that would be stable.

Thanks Steve
  5.    #5  
    Al,

You are right! With TreoMsgr enabled and LexSpell active, the miniSD card disappears. Re-insert the card with or without a reset does not restore the card to be seen. The two ways to resolve it is to (1) delete the Lexspell entry from the Saved Prefs or (2) disable TreoMsgr.

This is reproducuble a million times over. Both apps must share the same resident memory space or something. I am glad I know the two apps now.

I remember a talk on a TreoMsgr thread but thought the problem existed prior to TreoMsgr.

I will contact both developers.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Al,

You are right! With TreoMsgr enabled and LexSpell active, the miniSD card disappears. Re-insert the card with or without a reset does not restore the card to be seen. The two ways to resolve it is to (1) delete the Lexspell entry from the Saved Prefs or (2) disable TreoMsgr.

This is reproducuble a million times over. Both apps must share the same resident memory space or something. I am glad I know the two apps now.

I remember a talk on a TreoMsgr thread but thought the problem existed prior to TreoMsgr.

I will contact both developers.
    If the card doesn't show up disable TreoMsgr and LexSpell then reinsert it and reenable the previous two.

Al
  7.    #7  
    Al,

I have tried this a million times and no solution or problem for that matter is implemented until a reset occurs.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
  8.    #8  
    It works now with the following apps installed :

My Treo
    Quick Tour
    Accessorizer
    Arcade Reality
    Bejeweled!
    Bluetooth
    Bubblet
    Butler
    Calc
    Calendar
    Call Log
    CallRec
    Camcorder
    Camera
    Card Info
    CardKeeper
    Chatter
    Contacts
    Converter
    CryptInfo
    DALauncher
    DbFixIt
    DialByPhoto
    Dir Assist
    Documents
    Downloads
    eBible4Palm
    Email
    eReader
    Explorer
    Farkle
    FileFind
    FlightStatus
    Galaga
    Get Nuance VoiceControl
    GetGood
    Gmail Mobile
    GoogleMaps
    Hearts
    HotSync
    HRCaptDM
    IM
    KB LightsOff
    KeyCaps600
    KidsMath
    Kinoma
    Launch-Anywhere
    LexSpell
    LightWav
    LinkStart
    Marbles2
    Memos
    Messaging
    Monopoly
    Movies - Southfield
    Ms. PAC-MAN
    MultiUserHack
    Mundu Im 4.0.0
    MunduRadio
    Neeews!
    NFL Mobile
    Noah Pro
    Note Pad
    Nutshell
    On Demand
    OpenChess
    Palm Podcasts
    PalmInternals
    Par 72 Golf
    PDoan
    Phone
    Pics&Videos
    Power Hero
    Prefs
    pTunes
    RscBackup
    ScreenShot
    Sea War MP
    Security
    SFCave
    Shadow
    SharkLinks
    Snap
    SpellChamp
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    SplashTravel Pro
    Sprint Store
    SprintTV
    Sudoku
    Summing
    TakePhone
    TalkPlus
    Target
    Tasks
    TC - Mobile
    TCPMP
    Thesaurus
    Triples
    TV Browser
    Voice Dial
    Voice Memo
    VolumeCare
    Vox
    Weather
    Web
    WideFind
    World Clock
    Yahdice
    YAHM
    ZLauncher

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I have used LexSpell on both my 700P and 755P with no stability issues.

I do have one question re: its use. When I select the “Add” option for words it believes are spelled wrong, they must not be adding to my dictionary since the same words are caught as errors each time I check spelling. These are primarily names.

Is there a permissions setting I am missing?

Maury
    Carl,

I always chuckle when I see your list of apps. I hope for your sake you have a 8gb card. Do you actually use all those apps? Thanks, by the way, for all your work on your site.

Stu
    Lexspell works great on mine, & I'm very happy with it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by brons1 View Post
    I have used LexSpell on both my 700P and 755P with no stability issues.

I do have one question re: its use. When I select the “Add” option for words it believes are spelled wrong, they must not be adding to my dictionary since the same words are caught as errors each time I check spelling. These are primarily names.

Is there a permissions setting I am missing?

Maury
    Unlike other spell checkers, to add a word you have to type that word into the Replace box. I have contacted the developer and suggested they change that function and they say they may do so.

I fear LexSpell (which I love and need) may conflict with BackupBuddy.

BB
    I have lexspell on my treo 755p with no issues
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    I have lexspell on my treo 755p with no issues
    Do you use backupbuddy with continuous backups?

Thanks,

BB