1.    #1  
    (I'm in the car on a road trip.. *****, I know)

my demo of rscbackup ran out so I thought I would uninstall it.. when I went to uninstall manager to uninstall it, it seemed to feel that rsc was associated with EVERYTHING!!!

it prompted me to remove all files.. I kept hitting 'keep' which means keep the blasted files BUT they were deleted anyways! I lost everything!!! what the crap?!

I had to restore to over 15 days ago with rsc and then update certain files with OnGuard.

what the crap did I do wrong? (besides touching my phone while on a road trip)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I have had things go wrong after running trial software after its deadline. Sometimes I need more time to see if I like an app so I uninstall the app and reinstall it again and it starts the trial over from day one. I don't know what exactly is the problem but I do know going pass the trial period has caused me headaches in the past. I use Resco Backup and I love it...I have swore by Resco to many friends and they have had positive reviews.
    at&t iPhone3G
    That seems to be the problem with Uninstall manager. I believe it monitors the apps. Since you did backups with Resco Backup, Uninstall Manager prolly figured it was associated with everything.

I quit using Uninstall Manager and Clean Up from NorthGlide over a year ago.

I use Destaller Lite and of course Resco Backup on two treos. This combo works great for me....

I agree that UMs association scheme is a bit too thorough. Whenever I use it I make sure I verify all of the CreatorIDs it suggests first. Sorry to hear you ran into such a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    That seems to be the problem with Uninstall manager. I believe it monitors the apps. Since you did backups with Resco Backup, Uninstall Manager prolly figured it was associated with everything.

I quit using Uninstall Manager and Clean Up from NorthGlide over a year ago.

I use Destaller Lite and of course Resco Backup on two treos. This combo works great for me....

I agree when it comes to Uninstall Manager.
    at&t iPhone3G
  6.    #6  
    how should I uninstall it then??? just normal launcher delete?
    By chance, did you take the time to read the UM documentation before getting dirty with it? http://northglide.com/um.html and http://northglide.com/um_howtouse.html.

Two very important resources. If used properly what you experienced will not happen.

When I am prompted to view associated files, I normally take the IGNORE route.

Ben