1.    #1  
    I'm going to try posting with a more specific title because I can't believe no one knows the answer to this (and orig post didn't attract many viewers)

I see the 755p is shipped with BT 1.2

Does that mean they finally solved the problem so my BT headset will wake up the phone so I can use voice dial?

That would be enough to get me to upgrade!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I think you can subscribe to some voice command (dial) software to the tune of $5 a month or something like that. I don't know if you can use it with a headset, though.

I installed a software program, Voice Dial. It can't be used with a headset, either...but it's as simple as having the headset in my ear, waking up the Treo, pressing and holding the side button and telling it who to call (contacts or phone number). Once the call is placed the call is transferred to the headset.

I don't think your headset is going to wake up the Treo.

And my experience with the Bluetooth has been a little hit or miss. It's not a consistent, solid connection.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks French. That's exactly how my Treo 650 works. I get very consistent service from my Logitech Mobile Pro headset and am very happy with it.

BUT, wouldn't it be great if you could put on your headset, press the button to wake up your phone (that much actually DOES work) and then voice dial your number without ever having to remove your phone from your pocket?

Some phones actually do that! But not any Treos, and it constantly amazes me that Palm has not resoved this issue. What is the point of voice dial if you have to pick up your phone? Once it's in your hand you can dial most numbers with your 5-way in three clicks or less.

Oh well. I keep looking for a reason to upgrade, but the newer phones don't offer much over my T650.

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I totally agree. I have a bluetooth earpiece that I could do a long push, say what I wanted and it just connected. No issues. That was with a Motorola Maxx Ve, though. Still, from what I've seen of Bluetooth on the Treo...it's very disappointing and honestly, unacceptable. I can't keep a connection to my Dock-N-Talk at home. And my earpiece just drops in and out constantly.

Oh well.