1.    #1  
    Hoping I could get some guidance ...
    I was stupid, and updated 2 Treo 700p's with the latest 700p Update (MR).
    Now, both of them have that battery drain issue, and the tone on alerts, etc. Also, some times the side buttons to adjust the volumes do not work, especially if you have a headset plugged in.

I really just want to go back to the previous firmware, I think it was version 1.08. But I can't seem to find my old downloaded files when I updated the Treo's to that previous version. I've been searching for the last 6 hours, and before that, I've even taken the phones to the Sprint store, and called Palm support. All without luck; all of them said that I can't downgrade to the previous version!

I know there are some custom ROM's, especially of 1.08. But since Shadowmite took down the ROM's, on Palm's request, I can't seem to find any to save my Treo's!

Please help! I'd like to first get a hold of the original 1.08 update, so I could downgrade the firmware on my Treo's. Then, perhaps I can look into getting/working with some custom ROM's to remove all the junk that Sprint decided to include.

Would anyone be willing to help? Please PM, or point me in the right direction. I'm desperate, and I've learned my lesson with these updates. Please and thank you!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I too would like to roll back to the previous firmware. After the update I can no longer sync with my BT unit in my truck which is a huge issue. From what I've heard though it's not possible to do a rollback though. I sure hope I've heard wrong.
    cant be done, u need to get a new phone

if u are still under warranty (1 yr) call sprint and complain about your problems and they will send u out a new phone with 1.08, if longer then a year, call palm and compalin, they will send u out refurbished phone, ask for advance replacement and have them waive the 25 dollar shipping fee
    If someone can send me a broken palm 700p (ie: stuck in bootloader) I can experiment in loading the r2sd rom into it to see if I can downgrade it.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    If someone can send me a broken palm 700p (ie: stuck in bootloader) I can experiment in loading the r2sd rom into it to see if I can downgrade it.
    which in turn Im assuming would help with custom roms?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    No, because someone need to write a "chromed/ROM Crafter like app" to do it. the T5/Tx/650 etc rom is different than the 700/755/TT rom.

TX/T5/Lifedirve has pdb inside the ZIP file. While 700/755/TT (Tungsten 1) uses the ZIP also, but inside contains a ROM image, not pdb (need ANOTHER program to process the pdb)

Downgrading 1.10 to 1.08 is similar to flashing a custom rom. but no one knows how to do a custom rom yet. I am going to look into ROM Crafter.. but the PDF is somewhere on my SD card or HD, I haven't find them yet.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    cant be done, u need to get a new phone

if u are still under warranty (1 yr) call sprint and complain about your problems and they will send u out a new phone with 1.08, if longer then a year, call palm and compalin, they will send u out refurbished phone, ask for advance replacement and have them waive the 25 dollar shipping fee
    I've had a Sprint insurance plan on my 700P since I got it a little over a year ago. Does that not entitle me to a replacement from Sprint?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

sure u can go to sprint store for a repair for your phone, in this case... sprint store might not be able to roll it back either, if not... then if they have a refurbished phone in stock u can get that but they want u to pay the $50 deductible when u go through insurance, your best bet is to go through palm and advise them that thier update bricked your phone and have them send u a refurbished phone free of charge
    After talking to many palm Tech (which annoy the living daylights out of me and I can tell myself what they're going to say before they tell me) and Sprint techs and the ROM cannot be rolled back. If you have the Sprint Total Protection program they will issue you a replacement 700p free. I have had my phone replaced twice already....
  10.    #10  
    I was determined to find a way to roll it back, and it consumed me for the couple of days after I upgraded. But now, I too, have called it quits. I called up Palm again and requested for the replacement. They've sent me another 700p, with the 1.08 ROM, and I've moved everything over to it. They also included a return package for the phone with 1.10.

It's working for me great now, although without all the neat tricks w/ Google Maps, and the list of previous apps, etc.

I won't be upgrading the ROM for a loooooooooong time! I didn't realize how dependent I had grown on a STABLE, consistent device.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    After talking to many palm Tech (which annoy the living daylights out of me and I can tell myself what they're going to say before they tell me) and Sprint techs and the ROM cannot be rolled back. If you have the Sprint Total Protection program they will issue you a replacement 700p free. I have had my phone replaced twice already....
    Yeah, I've learned that if you have a problem that is not on the sheet in front of them, they will try to guide to what is in front of them. They must have little to no training, and are told to follow the sheet. Most I have communicated with do not even have a Palm device. So if you have a problem that a hard reset will not cure, you are out of luck.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    After talking to many....Sprint techs and the ROM cannot be rolled back. If you have the Sprint Total Protection program they will issue you a replacement 700p free. I have had my phone replaced twice already....
    Sounds like you'll be the next customer Sprint terminates.....
    Terninate! Terminate!
    Matty
    To downgrade, all you need is a r2sd copy of the 1.08 rom, hex extract the "rom part", rename it into the venturs-dbg-enus.rom, zip it, put it in the /ROM/ in sd card, then run "ventura" in the "rom updater.prc"