Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliedelong View Post
    and nobody believed me...
    You were basically saying that you had the MR. If you do, then share it.

SHOW US THE MONEY.
  2.    #22  
    I believe Verizon is proceeding with caution with respect to this MR. I think Verizon allowed the MR to be released to a select few areas in a very controlled fashion so they could see the results. This would explain the sporadic reports of updated software and screen shots.

Further, I believe they are now deploying it to their techs in the next couple of weeks. Who knows if Verizon will ever allow the MR to be publicially released, but I'm guess someone will get there hands on it and post it at some point. It is now becoming even more clear how much the carriers tie Palm's hands. Yes, Palm screwed up with the 700p, but the delay is getting these bugs fixed has to be as much the carriers blame as Palm.s

I truly hope to see the VZW 700p MR posted on the Palm site, but am now not counting on it.

I do hope that VZW releases the 755P. I really do like my 700P, even with it's issues and really welcome the better form factor of the 755p.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    This is not equally the carriers fault. Palm is to blame much, much more. Please post the rom for 1.10 if you got it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Speed, Don't Run-walk-drive, To Your Nearest Verizon Coporate Store Tech For The Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One other thing, if someone can instruct me as to how to step by step, without messing up my 700p, i will gladly post the ROM.
    Have you actually been to the Verizon store and confirmed they have it?
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I just called my local Verizon Wireless Corporate Store in Freehold, NJ, and the tech confirmed that Palm is sending out to the stores, Maintenance Releases on SD Cards so Techs can do the updates for the customers. Not all stores have the cards yet, he told me the Store in Monmouth Mall in Lakewood, NJ definitely has it, and that I could get it done there. So call your stores and see if they have it.
    Just returned from the Verizon store here in Tampa. The tech DID have the 700P MR 1.10. Has done two upgrades, and they both failed, crashing both phones (infinite reset). So he would not do my upgrade. He reported this to Verizon yesterday and is awaiting new instructions. Not sure if I would rather been one of the trashed phones or not. That way I'd get a new phone, but don't know if it would have had the 1.10 software.

Oh well. May go back in a.m. with a different tech and see if they'll give it a try. If Verizon trashes it at least they'll take care of me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I believe Verizon is proceeding with caution with respect to this MR. I think Verizon allowed the MR to be released to a select few areas in a very controlled fashion so they could see the results. This would explain the sporadic reports of updated software and screen shots.
    Agree with this. VZW clearly wants to avoid the customer service nightmare Sprint faced with the failed MR loading. As for me, I guess I was wrong when I doubted that VZW would release the MR. All the same, I'm waiting until I've heard tha others are not bricking their 700ps, and actually derving some benefit from the MR, prior to my installing it.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    My update went smoothly. I think that in order for the process to go through without a fried phone the FIRST step should be to do a hard reset before attempting the update.

It's going to erase all of the data anyways, so you should be updating it from a "clean slate". SO if you are going to a store to get it done, do a hard reset before you get there so that you aren't relying on the tech to do it.

I didn't have many of the issues that are mentioned here, aside from skipping music, but am happy with the update so far, and I like the "recent apps" menu that pops up when you hold the home key.
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Okay, just had mine updated. I walked in to a store here in SoCal and asked tech #1 if she had the update. She said no. I asked if she was was sure. She said, yes...there was no update for the 700p. I replied that that was strange, since other Verizon stores seem to have it. Tech #2 overhears us, and says he's got the update right here on an SD card. Nice. Anyway, tech #2 says I shouldn't do it because it will erase everything. Since I'm a dedicated NVBackup user making nightly backups, I told him I wasn't worried, and did an extra manual backup on the spot. I did NOT hard reset the phone before giving to him, but NVBackup does some housecleaning by itself when you backup. He began the update process, and it took nearly 20 minutes! He then checked the phone, and gave it back.

I immediately checked the version number...1.10. Yeah! I then did an immediate restore. I noticed something was different about the phone screen, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I noticed the Verizon Wireless banner was gone. I made a call...no problems. I thought I'd have to re-pair Bluetooth devices, but it immediately paired with my Kenwood car kit. I did notice that the names of the devices had been replaced with BT addresses. But so far everything worked! No incoming calls so that part wasn't tested yet.

Then I tried data....nothing worked. No email, no internet....nothing. Kept getting error messages about the data services not being available. I decided to *228 opt 1 my phone, and everything came back. So far so good! More testing to follow.......
    interesting enough, I just received a treo 700p VZW, replacement, and the software says: Treo700p-1.10-VZW. The only changes I found so far are the following:
    If you press the home button for few seconds you get a list of recently used apps,
    Email notification from Chattermail no longer shows up on the main phone page, bummer, otherwise, the new phone remains as sluggish as my old trusted 700p.
    Brought it in today, the tech updated it. Still evalutaing it, but I did have to perform a *228 for the Verizon Wireless banner to appear after the upgrade. Also all of your data is wiped and you may have issues setting up VersaMail to sync your Outlook calendar after the update.

I believe I can post a copy but am not sure if it's OK to do so.
    Last edited by scodav; 07/06/2007 at 11:04 PM.
    For those of you with version 1.10, does it allow you to voice dial though your bluetooth headset and hear music or other apps (pocket tunes, audible, etc)?
    I am UNABLE to do the voice dialing with the bluetooth headset or hear any mp3 audio through it since the update...
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Check out this thread right here!
    Is this a specific programming issue as far as the phone application or the bluetooth application?
    Verizon Wireless Palm 700p ROM update

Is there anyone out there who needs a copy of the memory stick that the techs are using? Does anyone have a copy of the memory stick that the techs are using? Is it illegal to distribute a copy of the memory stick if a device & SD card backup program unknowlingly copied the entire SD card to a PC owned by the phone subscriber? Can anyone provide fact based answers for these questions?

Thanks in advance for the discussion and information.
    Quote Originally Posted by scodav View Post
    Verizon Wireless Palm 700p ROM update

Is there anyone out there who needs a copy of the memory stick that the techs are using? Does anyone have a copy of the memory stick that the techs are using? Is it illegal to distribute a copy of the memory stick if a device & SD card backup program unknowlingly copied the entire SD card to a PC owned by the phone subscriber? Can anyone provide fact based answers for these questions?

Thanks in advance for the discussion and information.
    The only thing that would be illegal would be if someone went into the store and STOLE the SD card from the techs... hahaha, other than that, no, nothing is illegal about getting the update. Why do you ask? Might you have it?
    Original quote by Zeroth:
    I am UNABLE to do the voice dialing with the bluetooth headset or hear any mp3 audio through it since the update...
    Were you able to prior to the update or are you like me and it's a feature that wasn't allowed in Treo 700p w/o additional software?
    On the other hand, if you used software and now it won't work with the software, I'm also interested in that response.
    I have never been able to do the bluetooth thing. I have seen the additional software that you can buy but I am not a big fan of spending a lot of money on software...

I love freeware and open source stuff. I just discovered MiniTones (probably the last person on earth...) for mp3 tones today.

I have been looking for a free option for voice dialing for the treo and haven't found anything... Anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Zeroth; 07/08/2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: -=terrible typing skills and gross typing errors=-
    Opensourcepalm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast