Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have bundled the CradleCare code into RingCare so this problem should no longer happen. Before any application runs, RingCare will make sure the SD Card is mounted. SO even if it is not mounted, RingCare will do so before any application needs it!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Found the problem FINALLY.

Seems LexSpell and Treomsgr don't like each other. Not sure why the card runs and hides during the fight between LexSpell and Treomsgr though.

More info at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=147125
    Lexspell was indeed the culprit- excellent detective work GodsChoice

Although I don't have Treomsgr....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #23  
    Lexspell was an issue, but it has always been a conflict with something else.

I don't have the problem currently with the following apps installed:

Explorer (1) 09/02/07 $:/All
    Name,
    My Treo
    Quick Tour
    Accessorizer
    Arcade Reality
    Bejeweled!
    Bubblet
    Butler
    Calc
    Calendar
    Call Log
    CallRec
    Camcorder
    Camera
    Card Info
    CardKeeper
    Chatter
    Contacts
    Converter
    CryptInfo
    DALauncher
    DbFixIt
    DialByPhoto
    Dir Assist
    Documents
    Downloads
    eBible4Palm
    eReader
    Explorer
    Farkle
    FileFind
    FlightStatus
    Galaga
    Get Nuance VoiceControl
    GetGood
    Gmail Mobile
    GoogleMaps
    Hearts
    HotSync
    HRCaptDM
    IM
    KB LightsOff
    KeyCaps600
    KidsMath
    Kinoma
    Launch-Anywhere
    LexSpell
    LightWav
    LinkStart
    Marbles2
    Memos
    Messaging
    Monopoly
    Movies - Southfield
    Ms. PAC-MAN
    MultiUserHack
    Mundu Im 4.0.0
    MunduRadio
    Neeews!
    NFL Mobile
    Noah Pro
    Note Pad
    Nutshell
    On Demand
    OpenChess
    Palm Podcasts
    PalmInternals
    Par 72 Golf
    PDoan
    Phone
    Pics&Videos
    Power Hero
    Prefs
    pTunes
    RscBackup
    ScreenShot
    Sea War MP
    Security
    SFCave
    Shadow
    SharkLinks
    Snap
    SpellChamp
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    SplashTravel Pro
    Sprint Store
    SprintTV
    Sudoku
    Summing
    TakePhone
    TalkPlus
    Target
    Tasks
    TC - Mobile
    TCPMP
    Thesaurus
    Triples
    TV Browser
    Versamail
    Voice Dial
    Voice Memo
    VolumeCare
    Vox
    Weather
    Web
    WideFind
    World Clock
    Yahdice
    YAHM
    ZLauncher
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Lexspell was an issue, but it has always been a conflict with something else.

I don't have the problem currently with the following apps installed:

Explorer (1) 09/02/07 $:/All
    Name,
    My Treo
    Quick Tour
    Accessorizer
    Arcade Reality
    Bejeweled!
    Bubblet
    Butler
    Calc
    Calendar
    Call Log
    CallRec
    Camcorder
    Camera
    Card Info
    CardKeeper
    Chatter
    Contacts
    Converter
    CryptInfo
    DALauncher
    DbFixIt
    DialByPhoto
    Dir Assist
    Documents
    Downloads
    eBible4Palm
    eReader
    Explorer
    Farkle
    FileFind
    FlightStatus
    Galaga
    Get Nuance VoiceControl
    GetGood
    Gmail Mobile
    GoogleMaps
    Hearts
    HotSync
    HRCaptDM
    IM
    KB LightsOff
    KeyCaps600
    KidsMath
    Kinoma
    Launch-Anywhere
    LexSpell
    LightWav
    LinkStart
    Marbles2
    Memos
    Messaging
    Monopoly
    Movies - Southfield
    Ms. PAC-MAN
    MultiUserHack
    Mundu Im 4.0.0
    MunduRadio
    Neeews!
    NFL Mobile
    Noah Pro
    Note Pad
    Nutshell
    On Demand
    OpenChess
    Palm Podcasts
    PalmInternals
    Par 72 Golf
    PDoan
    Phone
    Pics&Videos
    Power Hero
    Prefs
    pTunes
    RscBackup
    ScreenShot
    Sea War MP
    Security
    SFCave
    Shadow
    SharkLinks
    Snap
    SpellChamp
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    SplashTravel Pro
    Sprint Store
    SprintTV
    Sudoku
    Summing
    TakePhone
    TalkPlus
    Target
    Tasks
    TC - Mobile
    TCPMP
    Thesaurus
    Triples
    TV Browser
    Versamail
    Voice Dial
    Voice Memo
    VolumeCare
    Vox
    Weather
    Web
    WideFind
    World Clock
    Yahdice
    YAHM
    ZLauncher
    Wow you have a lot. Mundu, I loaded it OTA and it says it is not compatible with this phone.

BTW I have a two week old 755P with a 4GB SDHC and as of yet, no issues, Have a ton of music on it from Yahoo Music to go.
    Well, I have a problem with my 755P that is in the same area. I've had it about 3 weeks old and I finally got a miniSD to use. However, the Treo will not acknowledge the card. I've tried a warm reset and no luck. I can put the card in the SD adapter and read and format it on my PC. I even place it, with the adapter in my old Zire and it recognizes it right away. I've just moved to the 755P from a Treo 600. I never had a problem with a card being read. It's a Sandisk 2G card. I just wanted to elicit some advise from this group before I do a hard reset and start over. I use EasySync with Lotus Notes so I won't lose my calendar, contacts and memo data. I will have to recreate my favorites and bookmarks, unless someone knows a way to sync these to my PC.
    I thought I would try to hard reset path and check the card again before I take the unit to the Sprint store. Thanks for any advise.
    Well I checked my miniSD card in another Treo 755 at the Sprint store today and it worked. So, while at the store, I did a hard reset and the card worked. When I got home I did a HotSync and it re-installed all my programs and old files. Sure enough it stopped working again. After another Hard Reset, and renaming the Backup directory, creating a new backup directory, and another HotSync everything appears to be working fine.
    I did find out that the phone favorites is stored as "PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB" and browser favorites are stored as "Blazer__Bookmarks.PDB' in the backup directory. I copied these files into the installer and voila I don't have to re-enter my favorite buttons or my bookmarks.

Bryan
  7.    #27  
    I have not had a "missing SD card" problem in a while. It appears that the freeware CardKeeper is remounting it. If it does disappear, I don't see it anymore. Cardkeeper was loaded previously, but I did not have the "attempt to remount card" option checked.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I have the same problems after I installed Handbase 4.0 (new version). It crashed and took away the card. Hard reset of the palm, reformat of miniSD and many, many .... hours of work finally restored the palm. Oh yes, I uninstalled HB4.0 and did not have problems since then.
    This is driving me crazy now. I have the same issue with the 755 sprint treo. Using a 2gb mini SansDisk card with adapter. My card just disappeared last night. When i do a hard reset it shows up. But if i do a restore from backup man it stops showing up what should i do? Also when put in a card reader all the files show up. Its crazy that so many people have this issue.
    Last edited by champagne609; 05/19/2008 at 08:55 PM.
    That's weird, I've never once seen my 6gb micro-sd go missing and I used the SD card A LOT.
    From your post, a software conflict seems to be possible. Have you restored from a much earlier file? I keep 6 days on hand.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    This is driving me crazy now. I have the same issue with the 755 sprint treo. Using a 2gb mini SansDisk card with adapter. My card just disappeared last night. When i do a hard reset it shows up. But if i do a restore from backup man it stops showing up what should i do? Also when put in a card reader all the files show up. Its crazy that so many people have this issue.
    Yeah ive tried serveral different restore points they will restore but the treo won 't recognize my card from any of them. Ive never had this problem with my 600, 650 or 700. The most that would happen on the 700 is it wouldnt recognize the card but after pulling it out and reinserting it, it would regonize it. But how is it that damn near everyone is having this problem on the 755? Im all out of ideas.
    I finally decided to do a fresh install of all my applications. Took me about 5 hours to get back my apps hotsynced and installed. I checked on the memory card after each app installed and running. Every was working and running well untill i installed safeguard and ran it. After i did this my treo lost the memory card. I decided to keep the app on my treo and disable it but memory card was still lost. After i fully uninstalled it the memory card showed right back up on the treo. Hopefully this can be helpful to someone else and thanks to all those who helped.
    I'm in Amsterdam right now and do not have my phone with me (does not work in GSM land), but I recall one of my apps (maybe Safeguard??) has a "keep your card mounted" check box. Figuring it is like chicken soup to the dead (cannot hurt), I checked. I use only a 2gig card so that I have not lost it says nothing, but might that app. help with the SDHC cards? Just a thought? Not even sure if the checkbox really does anything.

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I'm in Amsterdam right now and do not have my phone with me (does not work in GSM land), but I recall one of my apps (maybe Safeguard??) has a "keep your card mounted" check box. Figuring it is like chicken soup to the dead (cannot hurt), I checked. I use only a 2gig card so that I have not lost it says nothing, but might that app. help with the SDHC cards? Just a thought? Not even sure if the checkbox really does anything.

BB
    I was using safeguard on my phone with that option of having sd card mounted checked and it turns out that safeguard was the app causing my treo to not read the sd card. How do i know i uninstalled it and my treo recognized the sd card, installed it and memory card failed. Tried this for a couple of times and it turns out that for me that was the problem. Maybe different apps affect the memory card for different treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    I was using safeguard on my phone with that option of having sd card mounted checked and it turns out that safeguard was the app causing my treo to not read the sd card. How do i know i uninstalled it and my treo recognized the sd card, installed it and memory card failed. Tried this for a couple of times and it turns out that for me that was the problem. Maybe different apps affect the memory card for different treos.
    Very interesting, apparently even chicken soup can be harmful in some situations.

BB
    At first I thought I had an application conflict; however after a lot of playing, I did not find anything that was consistent. What I did find was that a hard reset followed by the last backup gave me the same problem a short period afterwards. Same upon reformatting the card. I then did a hard reset and went back 2 days and had no problems for 5 days. It happened again and this time I only executed a hard reset and have had no further problems. As a note, I also use one of Jeff Gibson's card monitoring applications both before and afterwards.
    I've had my 755p for 3 months and during that time it's been unable to read my card 3 times - most recently this morning. I have no idea why this works, but here are the steps I go through to fix the problem:

1) I use Reset Doctor, so I go to that application and turn the Auto Backup feature off.

2) I do a warm reset, after which I can see my card.

3) I go to Filez and copy the saved preferences file from my card and overwrite the internal file.

4) I do a soft reset at which point Reset Doctor pops up telling me it restored my saved preferences. I goto Reset Doctor and tell it to "undo the last autosave".

5) Reset Doctor then initiates another soft reset, after which my card is able to be read again.

It's a pain to have to do this. I'm not really sure why this works. I read somewhere that this probelm is caused by a corrupted preferences file. Following these steps enables me to fix the problem even when I'm not near my desktop.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12