Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else notice that the 700p fails to connect to the sprint evdo network after the MR? i would say 1 out of 3 times I get an error 3000 saying network is unavailable. I just have to refresh it and it connects on the next try.

If I'm not mistaken....pre-MR my phone would stay connected for hours without having to "log in" again...but post MR...it seems to log off everytime I exit blazer...is it only me?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yea, mine disconnects all the time now. and i get these weird freezes when its trying to reconnect all the time. i have to login every time i go back into chatter now. sucks that after the stuff it fixed it had to mess up this.
    Last edited by edubz; 07/03/2007 at 06:21 PM.
  3.    #3  
    i know..i was so happy with the blazer lag being fixed...but now this? a different type of lag..lol
    Just went through the same h&ll. Do a RTN reset, that should cure it. I also had Sprint expire the old codes(pre MR) and add the new ones. But, guessing a reset will do it.
    Matty
    BTW: If you do it yourself, be sure to have your MSID.
    Matty
    I had this issue after my 1st MR via USB but it only lasted 2 days & was sparatic. It wenr away. Since then, I re-did the MR via SD Card & no issues with connections.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 07/03/2007 at 09:51 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    Does anyone else notice that the 700p fails to connect to the sprint evdo network after the MR? i would say 1 out of 3 times I get an error 3000 saying network is unavailable. I just have to refresh it and it connects on the next try.

If I'm not mistaken....pre-MR my phone would stay connected for hours without having to "log in" again...but post MR...it seems to log off everytime I exit blazer...is it only me?
    A few other folks have reported this problem (including me). See thread: Network keeps disconnecting after MR?

I am still having issues. If anyone does resolve them, please let us know...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just received a 700p from Sprint to replace my broken 650. I installed the MR update first thing, figured it would be better and then just reinstall any apps I needed.

I was having a terrible time getting the phone to connect to the Power Vision network. It turns out, after about 2+ hours on the phone with Sprint and finally moved to an "advanced" tech, that there was something called a ghost line on my account. They weren't sure how it got there, but once they fixed the issue on their end everything worked flawlessly.

I have no idea if the update had anything to do with this or not, but I was getting the same error 3000 message you mentioned.
    Go to the Phone application, dial ##3282# (##DATA#), press the menu button, select 'Update Vision Profile'. If it states that it's disconnected then let it connect. I think this has decreased my incidence of error 3000.

Good luck,

RicardoG
    RTN reset will cure it.........
    Matty
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    RTN reset will cure it.........
    so what goes into that? whats the whole process?
    Do a backup(I preferred to reinstall from scratch) up to you
    KNOW your MSID
    REMOVE your sd card
    ##RTN#
    Menu button
    reset
    reenter your phone number
    reenter your MSID
    Update your Vision profile
    Reinstall apps from backup, or manually reinstall(preferred)
    That's it.
    Matty
    forgot afterwards to reinstall your sd card
    Matty
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Do a backup(I preferred to reinstall from scratch) up to you
    KNOW your MSID
    REMOVE your sd card
    ##RTN#
    Menu button
    reset
    reenter your phone number
    reenter your MSID
    Update your Vision profile
    Reinstall apps from backup, or manually reinstall(preferred)
    That's it.
    I tried the ##data thing and that has actually seemed to help, but i have to test it out some more. in case i have to go the rtn route later, how do i find out my msid and how do i reenter the phone number and all that stuff? this is my first treo, not familiar with all the ins and outs yet.
  15.    #15  
    i went into ##data#, however, it says the profile is locked. What do we do once we are in this screen? thanks
    hope updating vision will help you, it didn't in my case. short on time now, I'll fill you in later.
    Matty
    msid can be found by dialin the ##rtn#. or from phone screen menu I
    Matty
    So,
    I attempted the a hard reset, the '##data#'. And the 'RTN' and none has worked. I still have these frequent and sporadic disconnects that is driving my dad in his grave crazy. As it happens, the whole damn treo freezes up so does my fricken brain.

Has any been able to resolve this issue?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I started the other thread mentioned within this thread about similar disconnect issues. The only thing I have found that works is to get a replacement phone with 1.08 on it. No matter what, I do suggest calling Palm and reporting this as an issue as it obviously is one with the 1.10 firmware. Other than that we have not found a resolution. Sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I started the other thread mentioned within this thread about similar disconnect issues. The only thing I have found that works is to get a replacement phone with 1.08 on it. No matter what, I do suggest calling Palm and reporting this as an issue as it obviously is one with the 1.10 firmware. Other than that we have not found a resolution. Sucks...
    My old friend peridoc, one week later and my satan possessed treo is once again dropping PV. I hate this thing, and would love to smash it as hard as I can on the pavement. How does a company get away with selling a POS thing like this. I am going to try to get them to replace it with the wx version. I do not know what else to do at this point. I figure I stand a better chance than trying for a mogul, or BB. I picked this one over the wx, due to screen resolution, and Sprint TV. But when your PV drops out every few minutes, then WHAT GOOD ARE THEY!
    Matty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast