Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone out there running Orb on a 755p to watch live TV using their home desktop's TV Tuner card? I have been trying with no luck. Not sure if it is my home network speed bc EVDO seems strong. i've been able to get a few audio streams to start up but never recorded or live TV. Also, recently I have been getting unsupported format notices for media on my desktop in formats I know are compatiable. Anyone else have any better luck? Any tips?
    works perfect for me...

do you have the upgraded version of kinoma installed? and is windows media selected on your pc for stream format?
    HTC Touch Pro
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    works perfect for me...

do you have the upgraded version of kinoma installed? and is windows media selected on your pc for stream format?
    I am using Kinona EX 4.2 and Windows is my stream format. What is your upstream speed?
    Perfect for me too, sent your receive stream down to 200.
    two more thoughts... disable any firewalls you have, and double check to see that you have all the necessary codecs installed http://support.orb.com/support/solution.jsp?sol=144
    HTC Touch Pro
    I get it to go to Kinoma and it says "connecting......." and then it times out and returns me to the mycast page.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I get it to go to Kinoma and it says "connecting......." and then it times out and returns me to the mycast page.
    In this case, first I'd make sure that I could use it from another PC outside of my personal network. That way, I'd know if the problem was mobile-specific or not.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    It worked on another PC and my Clie PDA
    Working with Comcast which is one of those cable companies that cripples the upload speed......160Kb if I recall. However, image quality is nothing to write home about. It is OK for getting information stored on a machine...but I wouldn't want to watch any programming.

Another issue I'm having, nothing to do with the Treo, is getting the tuner to work for live TV. First Orb couldn't find any information about TV in my area. Then, when it finally did, the program guide only finds 6 stations (there are about 70 analog Comcast stations.) Finally, even the stations it did pick don't work. When I click on them I can hear the hard drive on the Orb serving computer go to town but, on the Treo side, it just delivers a black screen. Worse, when I stop it, and try again, it says the tuner is "busy."

For me, watching recorded programs on Orb is too low a quality to be of much interest. On the other hand, watching a breaking news story, or a live ball game would be the ideal application. Saturday, PennState played ND the same time I had to be at a charity fund raiser. I would have loved to sneak updates from the live TV. Instead I ran ESPN live updates from a Nokia 770 paired to the Treo. That worked pretty well, but it was more akin to listening to a ballgame on the radio. I would have loved to see some of those sacks...instead of just reading about them.

I am weighing the value of a Slingbox right now. I've read the picture quality is better (better compression algorythm) and the live TV actually works. If I can pick up one of those inexpensive TV models for less than $100 I might consider it.

One other thing, I've read a couple posts where people had their home network hacked and they believed Orb was the hole in the firewall the hackers used. That makes me a little nervous.
    I am trying out Orb myself and am having some issues streaming my home webcam (so I can check on the dogs) to my Sprint 755p. I have Orb 2.0 set up and running on my laptop, and I am able to stream my webcam just fine to other PC's. Windows Media Player is also running as my streaming format.

On my 755p, I have Kinoma EX 4.3.1 running. When I access my Orb account via Blazer (my.orb.com) I am able to access my account and select the feed I want to stream to my Treo. However when I select the feed, instead of opening Kinoma, Blazer keeps insisting on downloadng a speedtest.html file. I get this each and every time I attempt to stream my webcam.

Seems I have the tools, but am either missing a setting or am accessing Orb incorectly. I would greatly appreciate some help to get this working.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I am trying out Orb myself and am having some issues streaming my home webcam (so I can check on the dogs) to my Sprint 755p. I have Orb 2.0 set up and running on my laptop, and I am able to stream my webcam just fine to other PC's. Windows Media Player is also running as my streaming format.

On my 755p, I have Kinoma EX 4.3.1 running. When I access my Orb account via Blazer (my.orb.com) I am able to access my account and select the feed I want to stream to my Treo. However when I select the feed, instead of opening Kinoma, Blazer keeps insisting on downloadng a speedtest.html file. I get this each and every time I attempt to stream my webcam.

Seems I have the tools, but am either missing a setting or am accessing Orb incorectly. I would greatly appreciate some help to get this working.
    Bumping this up. I would really appreciate some knowledgeable help to get this working.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    make sure you set your streaming speed(bottom of page) prior to trying to stream media...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    make sure you set your streaming speed(bottom of page) prior to trying to stream media...
    That worked. Thank you very much.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    It worked on another PC and my Clie PDA
    Casey, are you still having problems?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Yes, but I stopped trying a few days after the last time I posted. I got busy on other projects. I will probably get back to soon.
    It wasn't working for me, but I uncheck "Use UPnP for DirectStream" under Orb Configuration, Advanced. Then it worked. Streaming 3gp.
    I've tried everything y ou guys suggested, and I can access photos, but I still can't get audio or video...it just times out and goes from kinoma back to orb. Could this have something to do with the updated kinoma? What are your settings on kinoma (tcp, udp, etc)? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    I've tried everything y ou guys suggested, and I can access photos, but I still can't get audio or video...it just times out and goes from kinoma back to orb. Could this have something to do with the updated kinoma?
    Nope, Orb works great with the current version of Kinoma Player.

Have you confirmed that Orb works correctly from a different PC on a different network?

If that doesn't work, then the problem is related to the local Orb configuration, your firewall, your router, or a combination of those.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Hi Charles,

I have the 755p from sprint which came with kinoma 1.0.. i have 3.0 also on my phone, but when i try to load the TV on blazer, it goes to kinoma 1.0 and the file(s) are not recognized. How can i change my default? thanks.
    I have Kinoma Player 4EX on both my TX and my 755p. With my TX, I can stream windows media just fine (looks great), but on my 755p, I get 'connecting...' and timeout. 3gp works fine on the 755p, but for some reason, I can't get windows media to work. I've tried all the suggestions above.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast