1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Hope this is a stupid question, but in my searching so far, I haven't found an easy answer.

I have been using a Palm device for YEARS. I started working for USRobotics back in 1986, and have been hooked on Palm devices ever since.

I have always used Palm Desktop, but want to switch to use Microsoft Outlook exclusively.

Here's my question:

Is there an EASY and COMPLETE way to move ALL of my data over? I don't want to lose 11 years that I've perfected and used my address book, calendar, notes, etc...

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

- Thanx
    - Jon
    You could just change the conduit and hotsync to outlook. The problem I find is that with the calendar, appointments with tags other then business and personal become unfiled first time around. I actually went back to palm desktop from Outlook
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    You could just change the conduit and hotsync to outlook. The problem I find is that with the calendar, appointments with tags other then business and personal become unfiled first time around. I actually went back to palm desktop from Outlook
    Yeah - that should work. Trying it now.

- Thanx
    - Jon
    Jon,
    How did you make out?
    -Anthony
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Jon,
    How did you make out?
    -Anthony
    Worked perfectly. Wish all my issues were like that one. Thanks Anthony!

It seems to have to have Outlook loaded in order to sync... Is that true?

- Thanx
    - Jon
    I believe so.
    I wish it could sync to both.
    So I could then sync my company public calendar to my personal calendar.
    Freaky, I am making the move to Outlook (finally a humble assistant professor, university uses Outlook) and am trying to switch now.
    Thanks for asking my question for me.
    B
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Sorry for a dumb question,
    Would you mind telling me how to do this?
    I can't figure it out.
    Many thanks.
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    In order to be more clear: when I go to Hotsync on my desktop and go to custom, under conduit, there is no option for Outlook.
    Thnx
  10.    #10  
    You have to use your original CD that came with your Treo to tell the conduit to start using Outlook instead of Palm Desktop...

- Jon
    Thanks, Jon.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    costs a bit, but Chapura's program does a nice job, and allows you to keep your private documents from showing in outlook, if you want to sync with both that and the Desktop
  13. nwr
    Where in conduit do you change the hotsync to outlook?

Thanks
  14. nwr
    Nevermind. I just found the answer.

Thanks