1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I have a problem receiving long messages i.e., any long SMS I get, got cut to a maximum of 70 characters. I used to use the Arabic SW which I thought it might have caused the problem. However, the problem persisted even after disabling the Arabic SW. I am using an unlocked GSM T680.

Any thoughts why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
    I am also experiencing the same problem
    i am using ordinary font and text size and only one page can be shown the rest of the message gets cut off.

i got two 680 both have the same problem

any idea ?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Support for long sms (greater than 160 characters) is a carrier function. What carriers are you all on? I have an unlocked GSM Treo 680 on TMobile. TMobile supports long sms, so I will test and see if they work...
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    well, sending long sms with the 680 on TMobile worked fine. I sent a message to my email account, and received two emails, part 1 and part 2. So that's cool!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I have this problem on verizon. I was told the 650 doesn't support long sms, so if I get one, it locks up my que and I have to reprogram the phone...They can't figure out the problem.
    Sounds like a carrier issue, as others have said. My unlocked Treos 650 & 680 both send and receive SMS messages up to a maximum length of 650 characters. (I'm an Aussie - currently on Optus, but Vodafone and Virgin also supported long messages.) Don't let them give you that "the Treo doesn't support it" crap.