Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have a Treo 700p, the MR update, and Good v4.9.3.34. Unfortunately I don't remember if it worked or not before the MR and this latest Good version, but now in the Messaging app, the auto search of my contacts as I type in the "To:" field does not work. I have done the removal of the Good Contacts app, and it still does not work, although that does make my Palm Contacts the default contacts database. The reason I suspect it is Good that is causing the issue is because if I do a soft reset and go to the Messaging app before Good starts up or if I just exit Good, the auto search works fine. After Good starts up, the auto search does not work. Any ideas or is this another Good bug?
    It doesn't work on my 700p either after the 4.9.3.21_EN update was installed. I am anxiously awaiting and update to the latest patch, but my corporate tech folks say that they are still testing it...I hope this functionality gets fixed in the latest release.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    I don't have a 700p, however on my 750 I had found the following to be true.
    If you use ANYTHING before you start GOOD on the palm after a restart then the auto lookup does not work in any application.

Also, when re-provisioning GOOD you must do this BEFORE You do anything else.

So you could:
    Hard reset
    Reprovision GOOD

Then test to see if the lookup works.
    I am also now experiencing missed alarms. My 700p doesn't sound an alarm for my appointments. Yesterday, I had probably 8 meetings in my calendar and I only received an alarm/reminder for one of them. What's up?
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Bump...still happeninig. Am on v4.9.3.34_EN Still can't search for IM numbers. Any ideas?
    J.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    No, I'm guessing there aren't enough people complaining combined with version 5 coming out at some point soon, so this will just continue to be a bug with no fix