1.    #1  
    I'm syncing DB4 to outlook, and I'm getting peeved:

1) Hotsync can't handle dates before 1970, so I can't backdate birthdays!

2) Outlook (and hotsync?) can't handle automatically adjusting a Feb 29 bday (yes, I've got one), so I have to set the thing to the 28th.

3) Every times something even approaches an error, hotsync doubles up the records, so I'm getting triple and quadruple records as I try to clean this up!

fixes?
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    I'm syncing DB4 to outlook, and I'm getting peeved:

If you're using DB4, the best way, IMO, to handle birthdays is to put the year in the event title. DB4 will calculate the number of years for the bday/anniversary when you enter them this way. I can't think of a good reason why you would want to back date them.

I use Datebook 4 and sync to outlook. I set up the birthdays as a yearly repeating event on Datebook 4, putting the year of birth in the title. I haven't noticed any problems with it syncing to outlook...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by bregent
    DB4 will calculate the number of years for the bday/anniversary when you enter them this way. I can't think of a good reason why you would want to back date them.
    Calculating ages was the EXACT reason! I had been putting the years in parens after the name. Got the format down now.

Once again, DB4 comes through with exactly the feature I was looking for!

Thanks bregent!
    Hotsync can't handle dates before 1970, so I can't backdate birthdays!
    Irrelevant. Everyone born before 1970 has been renewed on the Carousel -- ask any Sandman. Of course, it would be a handy tool for indentifying runners if you are a Sandman.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Everyone born before 1970 has been renewed on the Carousel -- ask any Sandman. Of course, it would be a handy tool for indentifying runners if you are a Sandman.
    Ummm, no Mr. Sandman... I'm not a runner. I wasn't born before 1970. Honest. I just look older than I actually am. Yeah, that's it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. No runners around here...