Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hey folks,
    Had my 680 since Thanksgiving. Love it! I've been using Clear-Sync/We-Sync (as a calendar app) for years. I have now decided to abandon it and return to using the built-in Datebook (for a variety of reasons). However, since switching, I am missing some alarms. IN 7 MONTHS THIS NEVER HAPPENED WHEN USING CLEAR-SYNC. I used to read the threads about people missing their alarms and thinking "Bizarre, my doesn't do that!" Well, now it does. I missed an alarm on Saturday and thought I just musn't have heard it. I missed another one on Sunday while listening to music on pTunes and thought it may be a pTunes issue (although I could not replicate it.). Today, I just missed an alarm again. This time the treo was sitting on my desk next to me while I was playing with my laptop. I looked at the clock and realized I missed an alarm. No notice of it on my treo. It's on the calendar. The time has passed. Noone touched it, yet - nothing. Not even a flashing bell in the upper left hand corner. This is what happened with all 3 missed alarms. I scheduled 7 alarms yesterday afternoon as test cases and they all worked perfectly. However, the three I really needed this weekend (and today) didn't sound at all. What's up?

The only thing I can think is that I have been playing around with my conduit this weekend. Since I am switching away from ClearSync I have been considering using Outlook as my PIM. But that shouldn't affect my Treo database alarms, would it? As I said, they're still scheduled!

Has anyone else missed alarms NOT related to the Keygaurd issue?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    No one responded?
    Well, it happened again today. I set two test alarms. One went off (vibrate) in the middle of a meeting today (yeah, it worked) and the other one, I just realized, never went off. Again, it was sitting on my desk plugged into my sync cable. I was watching a movie on my laptop and it never went off. Not a sound, and not even a little bell symbol in the upper left corner.

Is this typical of the alarm problem? I haven't done any playing with conduits today, and haven't even synced since I sent the alarms. (I set them as I left the apartment this morning, directly on the palm.) What's up with this? Am I the only one experiencing this type of alarm issue?
    My alarms are always played. I use Agendus, and it handles alarms, but the database and alarm subsystem is all the same as the Palm standard Calendar.

Are you using any other background apps?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks khaytsus for posting. That's the funny thing...I am using no background aps. I use versamail for mail, I use splashID, SmartlistToGo, BibleReader, Sudoku, Aces Texas hold-em, and pTunes deluxe. That's all I've used this week. I've lived on Clear-Sync for years and have gotten fed up with their lack of development and don't want to pay their subscription payments anymore since I can sync my calendar with my wife's through Outlook now. As I said, I NEVER missed an alarm, NOT ONE, until this week. I don't get it...but by the lack of response, it sounds like this is not a common phenomenon and I'm an isolated incident. I've a bunch more test alarms for tomorrow and I'll see what happens. I did have an alarm sound properly tonight, but the inconsistency is killing me. It makes no sense. Particularly coming out of the blue, like it is...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    You know what, I still have Clear-Sync installed on my palm although I am not using it. Perhaps it is still handling the alarms and interfering with palm calendar...I'll check things out, delete it after a few more tests, and see if things change...But this seems to make sense at least!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    OK, Had all my test alarms go off today. I guess it was the fact I had not uninstalled Clear-sync yet. What a pain. That was freaky, but I guess it's settled...

Thanks khaytsus for mentioning the background aps. I didn't really think I had any running, but I forgot about the one still sitting there...