Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

Well I decided to replace my crippled T3 with a nice new shiny Treo 680. I did not transfer anything over but set it up as new as I knew there would be problems otherwise. It was running like a dream. I only had one reset that was caused by TAKEPHONE (which I then uninstalled) and I had it all setup nicely including Butler to help with functionality. The last thing I did was hotsync it, unplug and turn off.

Then an hour or so later I went to turn it on and .... nothing. The screen won't come on and neither will the phone. The charging LED is a very faint green colour. Plugging it into the charger heeds no change and the LED does not turn to RED or BRIGHT GREEN as it should. It just remains this faint green colour. I've tried hard resetting by holding the power down and taking out the battery (with and without sim card in) and nada. Nothing will bring it to life.

At first I though maybe the battery had died so I borrowed a friends Treo 750 and used the battery from that but it's the same result. Plus my Treo 680 battery works fine in the 750. I've let the battery drain all the way and tried to recharge but again, no results.

Can anyone shed any light on what has happened here or give me any possible ideas of how to ressurect my new baby? It seems like I'm having a bad month in the palm world. First my T3 develops a motherboard fault and then my TREO lasts 2 days before giving up the ghost.

I have butler set up to light up the LED when an email or message comes in. Is it possible that the treo crashed whilst this happened and it's just stuck in a weird state where the buttons don't respond and I need to force a hard reset by some other means?

Your help and any suggestions are much appreciated (including "send it back and get it replaced" - which I suspect is all I have left to do). I haven't done a charged reset yet - but will do so when I get home tonight but I'm not sure if that will fix it.
    If taking the battery out, leaving it for a few minutes, then putting it back in does not make it boot, the phone has a hardware problem.
    Try a hard reset. And then rename your backup folder so you don't install anything that may cause this before you hotsync. If you are still having problems, I would get another one.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    After that try reloading original software & start over. Then do a sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
    Then an hour or so later I went to turn it on and .... nothing. The screen won't come on and neither will the phone. The charging LED is a very faint green colour. Plugging it into the charger heeds no change and the LED does not turn to RED or BRIGHT GREEN as it should. It just remains this faint green colour. I've tried hard resetting by holding the power down and taking out the battery (with and without sim card in) and nada. Nothing will bring it to life.
    Read the post, folks...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Read the post, folks...
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    thanks guys! I have had no luck trying to bring my baby back to life so it's going back tomorrow. i've borrowed a 750 in the mean time and now this thing is sweet! need to find some cool software but as a phone and browser it beats the 680 hands down out of the box. what to do?
    If you like the 750 that much better than the 680, what's the dilemma? There's a lot of software available for the WM platform now...