Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    An arcane wish...

Anyone had any experience getting ZLink to actually help launch *.txt files with iSilo - or any other reader that does decent autoscrolling? In the Zlink prefs it seems at first sight that it is iSilo friendly, since iSilo databases get a mention, but this seems for appearances only: if you do create a link to an ISilo pdb, it launches your launcher, not iSilo (and this was for the ISilo manual, which should trigger the right response if anything is going to!). Under the File associations prefs, iSilo doesnt show up as an option for .txt files.

I emailed ZZTechs, but got a very perfunctory, possibly automated, response saying they would look into my suggestion (I actually asked a question-- are they usually this unhelpful?).

I dont need to use iSilo per se - just some decent reader that does smooth autoscrolling and that can access .txt files. ZZtEch's own ZReaderLite is launchable by Zlink, but has appallingly jerky autoscrolling. DocstoGo docs are launchable, and handle *.txt too, but of course DTG doesnt have any autoscrolling at all.

Ive tried a whole bunch of other autoscrolling readers but none of them have both autoscrolling and the ability to read *.txt files.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    ZLauncher can launch several types of palm doc formats, but not txt files. So rather than saying "No" they said they'll look into it as a future feature. Doesn't sound unhelpful to me.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    ZLauncher can launch several types of palm doc formats, but not txt files. So rather than saying "No" they said they'll look into it as a future feature. Doesn't sound unhelpful to me.
    This is what they actually said:

"Hello,

Thank you for your suggetion, we will consider about it.
    If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Ken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD"

Your interpretation may indeed be correct, and I may be being harsh, but then again there is no indication that they actually read my question.

I'm a great fan of ZLauncher, but Im thinking that ZLink hasnt been profitable enough for them to really get too worked up about. It's not been revised since v1.0 came out early 2006. Have you heard of any upgrades in the works?
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Haven't kept up with ZLink, since it's (IMO) a standalone Quick Launch Anywhere. I tried it out a bit but it didn't really do that much for me. Very similar to HiLauncher IMO, and I didn't much care for it either.