Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Dear Greenhex

I know you're a fan of WatchMaker too - have you ever noticed that you cant get TreoWink to keep the program open? I think its something specific to WM since Ive now tried 4 different programs with "stay-on" features (TreoMax, AutoOff, TreoOffOn and yours) and none of them can take the Watchmaker heat.

For me it's not just a curiosity- it's one the main ways I would like to use TW.

Any ideas?

BTW: thanks for the June 18 revisions of TW and TM - the windows do disappear perfectly now!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    WatchMaker is open on my 650 as I type this for the past 5 minutes... Is there some other utility that is turning the device off?

- mvk
    It's still on!!!
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    WatchMaker is open on my 650 as I type this for the past 5 minutes... Is there some other utility that is turning the device off?
    - mvk
    ah some people have all the luck!

Watchmaker is my only program that Treowink (or any of the other stay-on apps) has any probs with. It works fine for everthing else, including Palmary Clock, for example.

I have re-installed both Watchmaker and TW, but that didnt help.

When the screen turns off (after 3 mins) TW displays a "Return to Default AutoOff" window. 3mins is the time Ive set in the main Treo prefs. If I change that to say 30s, then Watchmaker turns off after 30s.

I haven't yet tried uninstalling my three other apps that have stay-on features: is it possible that they are somehow overburdening some bottleneck in the system with this problem as the outcome?

Thanks for your always rapid and helpful replies!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Solved it!

There's a pref in Watchmaker: "Stay on if charging or battery level higher than x%"

Just had to check that box.

yay!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    So... did I win?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    So... did I win?
    Yes, TreoWink hits Watchmaker out of the Treotown Stadium!

(note how I avoided "for six" because of your known phobia for the "c" word)

cheers and thanks again!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.