1.    #1  
    I have a Sony-Ericson HBH-DS970 which has worked fine with my Treo 650 for more than a year now. The problem is it keeps failing. I keep exchanging it under warranty but it's a hassle and I'd like to find something more reliable. I use my headset while riding my bicycle and need something like the DS970 with earbuds. Cans and bike helmets don't mix.
    Much of the time, I just leave the earbuds out but set up my Treo to auto-answer on the 2nd ring. All I have to do then to take a call is stick an earbud (either one) in my ear and say "hello" once it picks up.
    My only other complaint about the DS970 is that the battery life isn't long enough when I'm listening to music or a book on tape. When I'm on a long trip and won't be jostling the ever so fragile headphone jack on my Treo, I plug in a wired headset. When I can't do that and want to be able to listen on and off throughout the day, I've learned to power down the headset at times when I can just as easily answer the phone without the headset, i.e. when I'm not driving or riding my bike. I really like the way it pauses the music when a call comes in but it doesn't always return to the music/book on tape. Probably a SAG issue. The SAG updates have really helped in the past. I'll do it again once I get my headset replaced.
    Tomorrow I'll call and get my DS970 exchanged once again but I need something similar that's more reliable.
    Any suggestions for something similar? I really like the DS970's but they need to work longer than three months. Also, it has to have earbuds that will fit under a bicycle helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshaven View Post
    I have a Sony-Ericson HBH-DS970 which has worked fine with my Treo 650 for more than a year now. The problem is it keeps failing. I keep exchanging it under warranty but it's a hassle and I'd like to find something more reliable. I use my headset while riding my bicycle and need something like the DS970 with earbuds. Cans and bike helmets don't mix.
    What software did you use? I have a 755 and it doesn't work w/ the P tunes that came w/ my treo.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Well looks like Sony is about to release the newer HBH-DS980

Looks incredible

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...e=pp&pid=10895
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbike.exe View Post
    What software did you use? I have a 755 and it doesn't work w/ the P tunes that came w/ my treo.

I use Softick's audio gateway. It worked ok at first but got better and better with new bug fix release.