Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I use a Treo 680 on at&t and currently I access my pop3 email using Snappermail. My company will be forcing me to utilize GMM to access company email. Will I be able to continue using Snappermail to access my personal email on pop3 accounts. The at&t data plan will be PDA Enterprise for Good.

To expand the question further, is access to pop3 accounts and web sites limited by the way our IT department provisions the server or do I have an open pipe to the web while using other applications.

I'm an experienced user but GMM is new territory for me...so please be gentle in your response.
    Thanks,
    --Nelson
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am able to get POP email via Versamail on my Treo 650 with GMM also running on the device. Good uses a separate database & application to access your corporate mail which should not impact mail you can receive with Snapper or Versamail. I do not recall any security settings in GMM to prevent you from getting out to the Internet to get POP or IMAP mail from another source. Your biggest concern will be how much memory is used as GMM is taking up a large chunk of available RAM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks ea0423...that's promising news and makes me feel a lot better about this transition.
    --Nelson
    EA is correct. There is no server side setting in goodlink to deny you the ability to access the web (or any program for that matter) pop 3 will work just fine.
    I've used gmail, and aol mail on my phones both palm and windows based while running goodlink.

if you know your company's inbound and outbound email servers you can bypass goodlink all together for corporate email. Of course your IT dept might not like that. But they'll never know ) unless they drill down into the user properties of your good account on the good server.
    Communications Administrator
    Phones: Palm 650,700P,700wx,755p, Samsung IP830w, Moto Q
    Goodlink Admin 55 users.