1.    #1  
    I am returning a phone to Palm. How do I erase all data and make it unrecoverable? Will holding the power button while pressing reset accomplish this?
    I believe that just does a hard reset. But, that will erase all your stuff.
    Matty
    Hard resets don't erase your PH# in phone info nor your data network login info. Search for 'zero out reset' at Palm's support site. You might need the MSL # though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Hard Reset is all I could find. I thought I read somewhere that the data could be recovered from a hard reset. I was looking for something that destroyed the data.
    do a RTN reset. ##RTN# then menu, and reset. Nothing survives it.
    Matty
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    do a RTN reset. ##RTN# then menu, and reset. Nothing survives it.
    Thanks. That's what I was looking for.
    ^Yes that's the one but you need your MSL - hope you wrote it down when you activated or you have to call Sprint for it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^Yes that's the one but you need your MSL - hope you wrote it down when you activated or you have to call Sprint for it.
    I have my MSL. Thanks.